Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Designer 3.0 and Vector Grouping feature

Quote Originally Posted by Ton80 View Post
    Just to jump back a few days, you mentioned you weren't able to get the same results I was using the ScanFont software... if you tried to feed it the pdf image your customer sent you that would be part of the problem.
    I have the same font software and even upgraded to Scanfont as per your recommendation a couple years ago. My biggest issue is I can create the font and open it in other software and enlarge it to fill the page without issue, but in Designer I can often only make them real small - we're talking less than an inch square - if I drag it any larger, Designer fails to show the font on the screen. As far as the image I just posted, I was very aware it would not be suitable for a font as is and decided it was much quicker to just manually trace the vectors in designer as in the attached picture, and it worked well. I do not think the 2D drawing tools would have helped much short of it's ability to import an image directly as opposed to placing the image on a custom wood.

Anyway, I will be eager for your report on vector groups because I know we're both trying to do pretty much the same thing. If it doesn't work for you I'll get back to you for help with the font software.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lilaccuswood.PNG  

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567