View Poll Results: Now that I've had the Rotary Jig for a while I think:

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best enhancement ever for the Carvewright, I've forgotten how to put flat boards in.

1 7.69%
  • A worthwhile addition, really enhances what you can do.

8 61.54%
  • After the initial excitement I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

1 7.69%
  • Never could get the darn thing to work, stay away.

3 23.08%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: polling those who have had the rotary jig for a while

1. Default

I purchased Ed Bakers Jig long time ago.Made a lots of pens and duck call and other item(.Modified Ed Jig to hold pen mandrel and Ask Bud third rail) Ed was ahead of his time. Bought the new rotary jig couple weeks back. i like the software because you can see what the carve will look like Haven't use the new jig yet. Wish there were STL files that were available to purchased of North American Wildlife .Most of my work with the Carvewright is wildlife related for my family and friends As said early STL files for carving are scarce as I know nothing about making a Stl file Thanks Bert

I think there is a chess set in the store from one of the vendors (ASK BUD), you have to buy the pieces individually.
    I can make one by importing stl files, just haven't been able to time wise.

Funny, you should say that...
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Funny, you should say that...

I love it when you put the ……… It usually means a surprise !!!!!!!!!!

I built my own rotary jig a while back, was on the order of Ed Bakers. Worked fine, just needed to prove to myself that I could build one and make it work with just left over wood I had lay'n around. But I'm not much into round carvings as I am making signs and lithopanes with shadowboxes. But was fun doing the R&D and seeing it work.
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I built a home made rotary jig from files I downloaded here. Worked fine, but everything came out backwards. The software is the amazing ting about this new one. Here is something I found that you can do. I downloaded a STL ball and claw, but was not happy with the ball and the width of the band at the tom made the foot too small. I extruded a new ball to cover the original one the so it would be more ball shaped and hang down farther. I made the claw and new ball into a pattern and eliminated the ring around the top in Pattern Editor.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Just curious who never got their rotary jig to work, and details of their experiences.
    There are many here willing to help you resolve an difficulty with it. Once you get it going you will be pleased with the results and the added capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by blhutchens View Post
    Just curious who never got their rotary jig to work, and details of their experiences.
    There are may here willing to help you resolve an difficulty with it. Once you get it going you will be pleased with the results and the added capabilities.
    I was thinking the same. Let us know what happened. Others may be having the same problems and maybe we can help.

I found it easier than I thought it wood be. The jig fits int the machine easier than the home made one and reading the calibration seemed intimidating, but it was a snap. Just take a copy of the PDF with you when you set it up.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Now that the CarveWright 2014 Conference has 'revealed' a bunch of new features and cool techniques thus far, I'll post some pics of one of the items that I presented on. It's a new way to create really nice and unique lithophanes with the new Rotary Jig and PVC pipe that can sell for some serious money if you find the proper audience to cater to.

I'm suggesting making personal contact with any/all local professional photographers in your area along with a sample or two or three of these to show them. Better yet, if the photographer agrees to display one or two samples for their customers to see in person, I think they will sell themselves. Keep the price up...they are unique and worth every penny of $150 to $200 minimum retail for these! Do NOT sell yourself short on these or you will be cheating yourself. If folks think they are too much, then move on to someone who can appreciate the time and effort you put in creating this new product. It is a lifetime keepsake!

Other possible markets...make lighting accents for the patio, pool area, garden, gazebo, porches, whatever. Make attractive wall sconces for indoor use too. Market your new products via local interior and exterior design companies and/or via your own website. Put in the effort to alert the public of your product and it can pay big dividends.

More ideas (and projects) coming so you can maximize PROFITS from your Rotary Jig! Stayed tuned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1_cutting-pipe.jpg   materials-used.jpg   4_push-in-end-caps.jpg   5_install-into-jig.jpg  

6_run-rotary-carve.jpg   finished-mona-litho550x977.jpg  
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast