View Poll Results: Now that I've had the Rotary Jig for a while I think:

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best enhancement ever for the Carvewright, I've forgotten how to put flat boards in.

1 7.69%
  • A worthwhile addition, really enhances what you can do.

8 61.54%
  • After the initial excitement I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

1 7.69%
  • Never could get the darn thing to work, stay away.

3 23.08%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: polling those who have had the rotary jig for a while

1. Default

Rotary Jig Question? I have a blank 1,5 in dia make with two different woods. I want to carve a pattern in a specific spot on the blank. On the layout board I have the pattern centered in board . The wood is a round circle there (dId not want to waste blank
    on attempt lol) Thanks Bert

the machine starts carving on the back side, with the top toward the keypad, so If you rotate the stock to the backside up when you start you should be where the carving is centered on the front

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

3. Default

Thanks . Ber

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Now that the CarveWright 2014 Conference has 'revealed' a bunch of new features and cool techniques thus far, I'll post some pics of one of the items that I presented on. It's a new way to create really nice and unique lithophanes with the new Rotary Jig and PVC pipe that can sell for some serious money if you find the proper audience to cater to.

I'm suggesting making personal contact with any/all local professional photographers in your area along with a sample or two or three of these to show them. Better yet, if the photographer agrees to display one or two samples for their customers to see in person, I think they will sell themselves. Keep the price up...they are unique and worth every penny of $150 to $200 minimum retail for these! Do NOT sell yourself short on these or you will be cheating yourself. If folks think they are too much, then move on to someone who can appreciate the time and effort you put in creating this new product. It is a lifetime keepsake!

Other possible markets...make lighting accents for the patio, pool area, garden, gazebo, porches, whatever. Make attractive wall sconces for indoor use too. Market your new products via local interior and exterior design companies and/or via your own website. Put in the effort to alert the public of your product and it can pay big dividends.

More ideas (and projects) coming so you can maximize PROFITS from your Rotary Jig! Stayed tuned.

I have searched endlessly for the post on how to assemble these. I know I read it, just didn't bookmark it.
    Looking for the material list and details for the touch plate assembly.

Thanks,
    Brent

The touch plate details is what I am looking for.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...604#post232604

This is the one I was looking for.

Thanks,
    Brent
    Brent

OS X Yosemite

Glad you found in the section I posted..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234