Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Importing .stl files

Thanks again Eddie. Is the node something I need to download from somewhere? And is the $38 for the video?
    Looking forward to hearing more.

Tracy

http://buy.3drelief.net/ link for the videos and how to's. If you have some basic 3d knowledge it's pretty easy to follow. They are worth the 38 they charge for them. I bought Aspire a year ago and it's latest upgrade has an emboss feature which is close to blender but I thinks blender wins over it for more control and plus blender is free and the vids are 38 bucks or so. One tricky thing is though if your going to be using a lot of free models they are made up of MANY peices so remember you have to tick Pass Index to 1 on each peice or combine the model to one piece. I use zbrush decimination master to combine to one piece. Once you get it down it's a lot of fun
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

John pointed you to the link for the bas-relief video, and yes it is $38. On blenders site is the node as well as the blender software.
    Is this the angle you wanted?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mermaid angle1.jpg  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

That is great Eddie, thanks for working on this for me. I hope to return the favor someday. A greyscale in .png would be fine when you get the chance.

Tracy

Thanks John. I have some 3D experience but it's more from using AutoCAD to do roadway and site development. 3D modeling for CNC is another story though. As an engineer, I tend to look at things from a functional perspective, the artistic side is something I'm working to overcome and is the reason I didn't become an architect.

tcough3475 - With CAD experience you will be able to easily figure it out. If your using free models off the net the artistic part is done and the rest is more technical - learning to navigate in blender and placing model on angle you want it with the camera, combing all the pieces into one etc.
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Ok here is the mermaid image of the front view. tcough3475 you will get the hang of it. John taught me that once I got a model into blender, and was able to get the nodes right, to save that blend file, then use it as a template for the future. That is my tip to you. Sure saves rebuilding the nodes each time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mermaid front.png  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, I appreciate it. Going to try downloading the instructional video tonight and hopefully start doing these myself.

Tracy

I just got Blender up and working with the bas relief. Very cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bas Relief Test.png  
    Last edited by bergerud; 06-23-2014 at 11:33 PM.

Good going Dan, blender bas-relief works great.

Eddie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast