Thread: My first litho

Default My first litho

This is my first attempt at a litho. It's a picture of my family in the early 1960's. I used a 25 watt LED in the box. Next time I'll have to find a way to eliminate the shadow at the bottom of the box. Maybe the Christmas tree lights or rope light is a better idea.

I'm quite happy with it and it's amazing the number of people that are thoroughly impressed with it.

Thanks to everybody that has posted information about litho's... they are quite cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Family scan.jpg   P6110051.JPG   P6110050.JPG  

From the pics it looks as though it turned out pretty good. Nice frame too. What did you use for carving material?
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    From the pics it looks as though it turned out pretty good. Nice frame too. What did you use for carving material?
    I used HDPE Polyethlene. I purchased some scraps from Alro (quite inexpensive). It carved very nicely.

Very nice. I was wondering how the machine would do with HDPE.

Did you use some type of light diffuser? That's what I did with mine and there's no shadow what so ever!

Quote Originally Posted by astrouse View Post
    This is my first attempt at a litho. It's a picture of my family in the early 1960's. I used a 25 watt LED in the box. Next time I'll have to find a way to eliminate the shadow at the bottom of the box. Maybe the Christmas tree lights or rope light is a better idea.

I'm quite happy with it and it's amazing the number of people that are thoroughly impressed with it.

Thanks to everybody that has posted information about litho's... they are quite cool.

Your lithophane looks great! Are you coming to the CW Conference next week? I will be presenting a brand new technique for CarveWright owners to create very unique lithos!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Did you use the settings in the "Tips and tricks" or something else. I want to try the lithos but haven't had time. Very nice work.

As far as the lighting, I recently bought a led strip pack at walmart in the automotive section and got a walwart from radioshack.

Quote Originally Posted by astrouse View Post

" The Hurdier I Go, The Behinder I Get"