Thread: Another Z Truck & Still Smoking!

Unhappy Another Z Truck & Still Smoking!

I cannot believe this.....
    Took out the old Z Truck Assembly and put in another.
    I fought for 3 hours getting the roller bearings tight!!!!
    And tried to do a cross cut to test it.....& it's still Smoking when cutting!!!!!!!

If anyone has any help....please let me know.
    I've got plenty of orders to get out by this coming Sunday.
    Really need this problem solved quickly!!!!!

Thanks,
    George
    Florence, SC

the truck or the bit?

Can you post the mpc to show us what you are trying to do. A smoking bit does not seem like a truck problem.

Sounds like a rpm problem. Does the cut motor sound like it's going as fast as it possible can go? High pitch? High gear?
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Grab onto the bit and see if it wobbles around. From your PM it sounds like something is loose. Does it make chunky sounds when cutting? Maybe the whole carriage is loose on the y rails. What type of chuck?

Did you get oil down inside the top hat where the flex cable attaches to the truck? That will cause the bearing to overheat and, depending on the type of oil you used, could be the cause of the smoking.
    Steve

Here is a email I sent George this morning before loging on to the forum.

He got a replacement Z Truck and has just relaced it getting the same results...

Before that he replaced the Y Gear Box Bearings that I sent him last year. I am asking him to measure the shaft to see if it is worn and the Y Flopping Around causing the Burning...

He changed out the Cut Motor before this started as it had a cracked nose on the shell. That is why the reverse wire question.... It was a used motor with the 2007 speed magnet retainer in good condition.

Here are the other options I sent...

George,

Sorry to hear that... So it is not the Z Truck... Next we go back to the Y Gearbox..... I know you changed the bearings but it is possible that the shaft was worn thin and likely should have been replaced...

Remove the Gear and use a small Crescent Wrench as a thickness gauge... Close it on the thickness of the shaft in the middle then slide it to the end near the big plastic gear and if it is thinner...... that could be causing the problem... Lets the truck wiggle in the Y Axis....

Now for the Motor Speed... First check and see if the Sensor is working.... Sensor Data and Cut Motor... It will read 0000 and as you rotate the shaft with the chuck it will count 0001, 0002, 0003.... SO if we know it is working then we know the Computer is watching the speed... IF you don't get a CCM or Check Cut Motor then the computer is happy with the Motor Speed...

Next is the Motor.... As the motor coasts to a stop watch the rotation and IS it rotating in the correct direction.... It IS possible to change the Wires INSIDE the Motor and this can cause the Motor to spin in REVERSE.... Unlikely... but possible.....

Next.... LHR had some BAD 1/8th inch cutting bits... Something about the flute.... Not sharp or something like that... Saw a few posts months ago.... COULD be the problem... Call LHR...

That is all I can think of....

Let me know...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com