Thread: cutout

Default cutout

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cassandra.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	69611
    We need to cut this design completely from the board. We have never done this kind of cut out before. I created this with the outline feature in text. While it cut a good part of the design, it is loose while cutting and the bit broke.

Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I assume you used the "cut path" tool for this. One thing to check is the tab height and number of tabs settings in the cut path input box.
    Set the tab height to the max setting.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You really should post the project file so we can best advise you.

Quote Originally Posted by lone star View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cassandra.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	69611
    We need to cut this design completely from the board. We have never done this kind of cut out before. I created this with the outline feature in text. While it cut a good part of the design, it is loose while cutting and the bit broke.

Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    A pierced carve region will probably yield the best results. Place the text on the board as raster and size it. Draw a rectangle around the text, make it a carve region and then check the pierced check box on the tool bar. You can use the connected lines tool or the spline tool instead of a rectangle to get a closer proximity to the text. Don't forget to add some manual tabs to hold the text in place. See example
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Default how to attach?

I'm not sure how to attach a file here. That was what I intended to do but could not find the command. I think I may have attached it now.

I am working in version 1.187 so I was not able to open the file that was posted- by SteveNelson46.

cassandra.mpc

Quote Originally Posted by lone star View Post
    I'm not sure how to attach a file here. That was what I intended to do but could not find the command. I think I may have attached it now.

I am working in version 1.187 so I was not able to open the file that was posted- by SteveNelson46.

cassandra.mpc
    Attached are two different examples. One is a pierced carving and the other is a standard cutout. I made the standard cutout by changing the text to raster, outlining the text (Tools, Outline Pattern) and then used the cutout tool (Tools, Cut Path). For the inside cutouts I had to flip the cutout to the inside. Both examples are done in version 1.187
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve