Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: first furniture project

Default Thanks again

Again, I want to thank all the artists who were generous to share their designs on the forum. I had a fast turn around for some very quick little projects for donations for a fund raiser. Two days to build everything. I built a little niknak box and some little carved figures. I did not have time to create the carving designs so again went into the repository of awesome designs you have all shared. In addition to the wood projects I did two stained glass butterflies in pink to highlight cancer awareness. All were rushed and not perfect but they should hopefully add to the fund raiser a little bit. Again in purple heart lumber. The stuff carves wonderfully though I am sure it is slowly dulling the bit (or not so slowly). The angel in particular looks fantastic. But again thank you all.

Warm regards,
    Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3043.jpg   IMG_3044.jpg  

Oscar, those all turned out great! In only two days? - you're awesome!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

An excellent assortment of projects for a worthy program. I know they will be appreciated by those that receive them.

I have been without a carving bit for a little while and it finally arrived today so back in action for the weekend. While I was without my beloved bit though I received a small request from my helicopter buddies to do a whiskey drinking glass tray for a gift. So using the 1/8 cutting bit I carved out some squares on a board, one to include their favored quote, and walla a serving tray. I only had an afternoon to complete so not very complex but I think it came out okay. If I ever do another, and I fear I will have other requests because it seemed to be a hit, I will add some carrying handles and little bit more carvings even if its a small rosette in the middle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3125v2.jpg   IMG_3129v2.jpg  

Beautiful job Oscarl48 and especially for a spot of the moment project. I'm sure you will have several requests. I owe a lot to Huey pilots and that lift out at just the right time. Great project.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

It has been raining nonstop for the last three days which meant no wood working for me. My shop is my outside patio.

I had planned to do a challenge coin holder this weekend but that fell through thanks to the weather.

So I decided to finally finish the steam punk mantel clock. I added some metal legs, some leather belts, and added some bling with crosses and a hygrometer. I am the first to admit its not a traditional design but I am very pleased on how it came out. One thing...its loud. lol. I was incredibly disappointed with my grandfather clock because it is so quite so I designed this with the chamber in mind to project outward.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mantel clock finished 1.jpg   mantel clock finished 2.jpg   mantel clock finished 3.jpg  

7. Default

Ok, that is just cool. I guess I'm kind of a steam punk guy. Nice work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234