Thread: Scanning probe software

Default Scanning probe software

I've been playing with the scanning software by touching up some of the patterns I have downloaded from the patterns thread (my scanner arrived before my repair parts so I can't scan for myself yet should be going mid-week ).

Anyhow, the tools provided by the software are pretty good. You can play withthe blur and other filter settings as well as soem basic paint type tools. I just noticed that you can select a section of the image and apply the tools to just that selection. The exact workings of the + - = as it relates to multiple selections escapes me however.

Two things seem to be missing though. One is there is not paste! You can cut and copy but paste remains greyed out. The second is you can't seem to 'draw' anywhere that is transparent. Let's say you scan and old trim piece that had a small section missing. Without the ability to draw, copy, or a clone tool you can't currently do anythign to fix it.
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Default Cut Copy & Paste

"Paste" is always greyed out, until something is cut and copied to be pasted.
    In other words, if Paste has nothing to paste, it's greyed out.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Smile

well, duh! Reread what I said...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt
    One is there is not paste! You can cut and copy but paste remains greyed out
    Unless I'm completely daffy, I can create a slection, copy it, but the paste stays grey. Does it work for you....
    Last edited by Jeff_Birt; 02-25-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: forgot smily
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

I tried to paste-no luck. It's not a very good editor.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66