Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: More questions than answers

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    I think that that may be a memory problem. Maybe you have many programs open?
    I closed all the programs and just had designer open, this is the message that I'm getting. It gets to 97 percent then crashes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails snipping tool.PNG  
    Last edited by aokweld101; 05-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.

That is the pattern editor. I thought you were talking about the STL importer. I get the odd pattern editor crash trying to save patterns but not when opening them. I will see if I can reproduce the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    That is the pattern editor. I thought you were talking about the STL importer. I get the odd pattern editor crash trying to save patterns but not when opening them. I will see if I can reproduce the crash.
    The crash is when I am generating an STL file

I noticed some transparent voids in this model that is probably confusing the polygon generator... try to smooth it a few times.

I created a similar pattern (with voids as well) and it worked fine for me in 2.006.

I think inside voids would be hard for the software to compute overall but like you say not impossible. Regardless the model would be useless.

Other than that I would look to manage the system memory.

I've been playing with the pattern since my last post and I'm seeing voids in the bottom of the pattern also.. its got me backed up against the wall.. I'm stumped

When making a pattern to go into the stl files, when making a pattern you can only a pattern on each side of the board front and rear pattern so maybe I'm not using the thickness right when I make a pattern and put it on the right side as a pattern what size should I use for the front for a 2.25 thick board and what size for the back in order to get to get my splices on three .75 boards? I'm trying so hard to comprehend this 3-d

I think you should give up trying to make STL files out of patterns. You can only really make sides of surfaces. STLs are really 3D objects. Exporting patterns to STL out of the pattern editor is not that useful. Find real 3D STL files on the web and play with chopping them up in the STL Importer. Otherwise, find a 3D program that creates STLs that you can then import.

Dan, I find Designer to make excellent STL objects that can be imported into a ton of programs like Aspire, ZBrush, Lightwave and even back into Designer after editing... it's a powerful tool option that should not be overlooked.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-18-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast