Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More questions than answers

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Dan, I find Designer to make excellent STL objects that can be imported into a ton of programs like Aspire, ZBrush, Lightwave and even back into Designer after editing... it's a powerful tool that should not be overlooked.
    Does that mean the E bay Aspire compatible patterns will work with STL?
    thanks so much!
    karl

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Dan, I find Designer to make excellent STL objects that can be imported into a ton of programs like Aspire, ZBrush, Lightwave and even back into Designer after editing... it's a powerful tool option that should not be overlooked.
    Ok, I stand corrected. I just never had much use for the feature and was not impressed by the output.

As far as Aokweld is concerned, I think his time would be better spent chopping up pre-made STLs to make carveable 3D patterns. (I do not think he is not going to be using Aspire or Lightwave.)

Hey Dan, Mom always said I had a hard head, I thought that I just wasn't pushing the buttons right .... I have been trying to think what I have been doing wrong. The carvewright ad said all you need is a imagination... looks like I need more programs ...lmao

Ok, I stand corrected. I just never had much use for the feature and was not impressed by the output.
    I am impressed overall with the quality of the STL and have been with the exception of bottom edge tends to be " selected and cut" as opposed to " Booleans cut" with a clean line if you not filtering it correctly.

I would like a few more options when saving tho and a non ASCI option.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 05-18-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345