Thread: Awards idea?

1. Default Awards idea?

Gods of the CarveWright,

I've been summoned by my wife to create an award for our local elementary school morning running club. These kids are some runners, some logging over 200 miles this school year.

The current idea on the table is a round "medal" for the first through third place. My thought is about a 4" circle with 1st place First Grade in centerline text.

I have conforming vectors, centerline text and pattern editor. I would like to do the work myself, but am not sure my craftiness is up to the challenge.

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas.

Steve

Not sure bout it but heres a little something 1stpl1stgr.mpc
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

I just carved and am still working on this award (hence no photo) for the Heart of Minnesota Animal Shelter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Team award.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	724.6 KB 
ID:	69464

My niece is heavily involved and asked me to do a couple of things in the past, including this award. Last year it was a square plaque with their logo carved. This time she said how about a bone, so I came up with this design that uses conforming vectors. Since you say you have that option, the idea of a carved running shoe as the plaque came to mind. I think the shoe shape would be a hit with first graders.

Another idea would be the sole of a shoe, something like this: http://www.clker.com/clipart-running-shoe-print.html

Quote Originally Posted by karns.steve View Post
    Gods of the CarveWright,

I've been summoned by my wife to create an award for our local elementary school morning running club. These kids are some runners, some logging over 200 miles this school year.

The current idea on the table is a round "medal" for the first through third place. My thought is about a 4" circle with 1st place First Grade in centerline text.

I have conforming vectors, centerline text and pattern editor. I would like to do the work myself, but am not sure my craftiness is up to the challenge.

Please let me know your thoughts and ideas.

Steve
    I haven't carved this so I'm not sure of how it will look.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

5. Default

Here's my current idea, but the boss is asking for it to be wearable, and a 4" circle seems a bit large, but I'm concerned going smaller the runner and text will be to small