Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can PE handle this job?

Default Can PE handle this job?

First, ido not have PE yet. I am yet awaiting it, along with the scanning probe, and they should be coming in very shortly. But, following, is the scenario that I question about:

Say that a client has a small carved facing (such as a Rosetta, or similar) on a furniture piece, which he/she would like to have duplicated. The problem would be that the carving has a small crack in it. Is there a way that the concerned element could be scanned in, with PE having the capability to fill/mold the crack effectively enough to make the part look as complete as it did before the cracking took place?

I may be totally in left field,with this question, but you never know unless you ask.

Advanced thanks,
    Nathan
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Long story short... Yes.
    George

As long as you can take the furniture apart so you can put the piece in the scanning sled to be scanned.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Ok, I researched a bit more, and found something which kinda touched on what I am looking for. Under the 'Tips and Tricks' section (Pattern Editor - episode III - pg.5) the author describes how he dealt with a dent/divot of a pattern that was being worked on. This was pretty impressive, but I am still wondering if the process would work on somewhat larger areas in need of repair?
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    As long as you can take the furniture apart so you can put the piece in the scanning sled to be scanned.
    Most certainly ��.

It is SO good to know that PE is so featured to handle such a task. I am left to wonder as to how many other goodies lay under the hood of that program. And I can't WAIT to get my hands on it.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

I think, could be wrong you know, that you can try the pattern editor in trial mode. From the "file" command go down to "launch patter editor".
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I would venture a guess that a lot (if not most) of the scanning probes sold are never or very seldom used. They only wanted the pattern editor program.
    George

Didn't even think of that. Thanks.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    I would venture a guess that a lot (if not most) of the scanning probes sold are never or very seldom used. They only wanted the pattern editor program.
    You are, quite likely, right about that. But I, for one, am surely going to put it to the task as SOON as I get it. I don't envision it becoming a frequent part of my carving operations, but am sure that it will serve a good purpose, from time to time. In my case, it was only $11.06 more than the software, itself, so I look upon it as a no-brainier ��.
    ~ Blessings ~
    Nathan

I have the scanning probe and haven't even took it out of the box I have it licensed in case I ever have to use it, but the need hasn't risen yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast