Thread: board sensor issue

Default board sensor issue

After 575 hours of carving I was having low board sensor readings and had to resort to masking tape etc. until it got so bad I couldn't carve anymore. I replaces the sensor and went from a 152 reading to 15 in 3 carves. I then replaced it again with somewhat better results, but it still went to a reading of 5 in less than a week. Obviously I was frustrated to say the least. Anyway began looking on the forum for answers and found them. I took one of them apart and replaced the window. Prior to putting the cover on I tested it and it read 152. I then put the cover or top on and it would not read at all. I took it back off and it was fine. I then put a piece of black tape on and it tested 150+ with a board, but would not go to below 10. I was able to carve, but had to jog to starting point etc. I then took the tape off and am running just fine with the unit open. Why???? What is wrong with it's being left open. Sure a lot easier to clean. Thanks and please help.After 575 hours of carving I was having low board sensor readings and had to resort to masking tape etc. until it got so bad I couldn't carve anymore. I replaces the sensor and went from a 152 reading to 15 in 3 carves. I then replaced it again with somewhat better results, but it still went to a reading of 5 in less than a week. Obviously I was frustrated to say the least. Anyway began looking on the forum for answers and found them. I took one of them apart and replaced the window. Prior to putting the cover on I tested it and it read 152. I then put the cover or top on and it would not read at all. I took it back off and it was fine. I then put a piece of black tape on and it tested 150+ with a board, but would not go to below 10. I was able to carve, but had to jog to starting point etc. I then took the tape off and am running just fine with the unit open. Why???? What is wrong with it's being left open. Sure a lot easier to clean. Thanks and please help.

Remember the Board Sensor Signal goes through the FFC Cable....Bet it is BAD.... Makes contact then not..... Gently move it while testing.. bet it drops to 5...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com