Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
I believe you have the newer y gearbox which most of us have not yet had a good look at. Some good pictures of the parts would be awesome. (We have been wondering what number on the big bearing is.)
I had a local machine shop make me some metal shafts where the bearings wore the shaft down. So I have rebuilt 4 of my Y motors they are working great. I never had time to make them myself. They are a little pricey $45 dollars. I would love to find a few of the used plastic gears. They are easy broken in the process of rebuilding. I guess $45 is better then $90. The machine shop will do my next order cheaper sense he has the blueprint now. Carvewright should make the gears available. I am still trying to find out the large gear size on the newer Y gear boxes. My 3 machine run 8 hour a day 5 days a week or more. The large bearings don’t have a marking on them. Wonder Why? I am still using the bearings it’s just a matter of time before they go bad. If anyone has the size let me know I would also buy some used plastic gears from someone. Once my machine have run there life I will be going to a better machine. Carvewright does not offer replacement parts.
IT’S A SHAME WE HAVE TO REPLACE THE WHOLE GEARBOX BECAUSE ONE PART WENT BAD........THAT BAD BUSINESS PLUS A LOT OF PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk