Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Y-Bearings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Y-Bearings

I noticed a click and than a complete stop on my Y motor..So I replaced the outside bearing,Y/Z Drive Gear/Pulley Combination Assembly,and the Y-Drive Belt Tensioner Assembly..

everything seemed to move free and smooth, so I put the motor back on the machine with the belt and it would move one direction only, so i'm thinking maybe a internal bearing? Not sure if I should

try to do it my self or just buy a new one.

What do you mean by "the outside bearing"? There are two bearings on the Y Gear/Pulley. The inside one is the one that goes first. Did you take the Gear/Pulley right out and replace both bearings?

The Y Motor sits in a U shape frame slot and can rub if not centered....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

4. Default

Thank everyone, I think i'm going to order a new one, I think this is out of my range to fix, it will probably be much easier to just replace it
    Thanks again

Strange that the new gear boxs should wear out as fast as the old ones did. What is the number or size of the bigger bearing? Was it the bigger bearing that wore out or the small one in the back?

I think that was rmock just wanting to do the 250 hr maintenance.

Yes, that was me. When the new version failed and I went to rebuild I found the larger bearing, at that point I just installed another rebuilt Y I had ready and have not looked at the new version as of yet to see what size the bearing is. I think I only had 200 hrs on the new bearing Y when it failed. We put alot of hours on or CW's I think I will stick to rebuilding every 250 hrs it is only a couple $ for bearings and really isn't that much time.

Quote Originally Posted by rmock View Post
    Yes, that was me. When the new version failed and I went to rebuild I found the larger bearing, at that point I just installed another rebuilt Y I had ready and have not looked at the new version as of yet to see what size the bearing is. I think I only had 200 hrs on the new bearing Y when it failed. We put alot of hours on or CW's I think I will stick to rebuilding every 250 hrs it is only a couple $ for bearings and really isn't that much time.
    Yes, would love to see pictures.

And measurements of the bearing.

Is the gear/shaft the same?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

9. Default

@ bergerud by outside bearing i mean the bearing under the Y/Z Drive Gear/Pulley Combination Assembly the Only bearing on the "outside" of the Ymotor ,i'm not sure how to get the other bearing out.with out causing any further problems

@ AL doesn't seem to rub and seems to be centered .

Now I am really curious to know the sizes of the new bearings. I assume the inside bearing is the same as the old one: 5mm X 11mm X 5mm (685).

(The bearing I used for the outside in by improved gearbox was 5mm X 16mm X 5 mm (625). recall the post" http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...765#post220765)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast