Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A carving dedicated to a dear family

Default A carving dedicated to a dear family

I carved this the other day out of fir, dedicated it to a dear family that I've known for years. They lost a baby due to complications during delivery.

Beautiful work. I'm sure they will cherish it.

That is a fabulous carving, I'm sure they will get great joy form it an your hand in creating it too.
    Perry B.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

I don't like hear things of this sort Its hard to respond and makes you think about life.. my condolences to the family and I know they will like what you did for them.. Great job

Beautiful piece of work! A very thoughtful gift. I am sure it will be cherished.

Your project is beautiful I myself would be proud to display this in my own home. Your use of wood is excellent. The wood almost has a feel of fabric to it Your use of stain creates layers to the wood enhancing the 3D effect, something that is not easily done.
    One question, you have two sets of what appear to be letters, one on the upper left and one on the upper right. I assume they add meaning to the picture. Could you explain. Again, fantastic job and many thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeinWestMich View Post
    Your project is beautiful I myself would be proud to display this in my own home. Your use of wood is excellent. The wood almost has a feel of fabric to it Your use of stain creates layers to the wood enhancing the 3D effect, something that is not easily done.
    One question, you have two sets of what appear to be letters, one on the upper left and one on the upper right. I assume they add meaning to the picture. Could you explain. Again, fantastic job and many thanks for posting.
    The letters IC and XC means Jesus Christ in Greek.

Thank you for the compliments. The family really liked the Icon. I tried to make it look rustic and old. I used only one color stain throughout and gold leaf on the lettering etc... and then sprayed it with a matte finish. I really enjoy making these Icons its more therapeutic then making custom plaques for people.

Very well done you should be very proud of your work.

10. Default

That is a beautiful carve, I would like to do one, is this a pattern I could buy somewhere?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast