Thread: cant get DFX importer to work

Default cant get DFX importer to work

Purchased DFX importer today, have been a subscriber to Vector clip 3-d and they recently started posting vector carvings DFX, i have downloaded them and they are compressed in a folder (i am not a computer geek and strugle with that ) not sure what to do with them now.
    i opened designer and went to file and import vector , go to where my dfx files are but it shows empty( nothing in there) get out of designer and locate the same files i was trying to get with import dfx and there are aboute 20 different dfx files there but they are in compressed state. so now what ???? and please make describe what to do in """DUMMY""" terms
    steve
    Start U Member

Is the file extension .dfx or .dxf?

sorry meant dxf, i just checked the vectorclip 3-d sight an it is dfx
    Start U Member

I believe the importer is looking for a .dxf file extension. If the files are in the correct format, try changing the file extension to .dxf and see if it imports then. I've only used .dxf extension when importing so it may not recognize anything else.

this is what i have downloaded, or this is what i think i have downloaded from vector clip 3-d, as i said i have these files and it shows that i do but when i go to designer and import with dxf it shows nothing there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dxf files.PNG  
    Start U Member

Steve,

These files have been compressed (zipped) so you will need to un zip them first before you can access the real dxf files.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

again not sure what i need to do , how do you unzip them , i have tryed to open them with note pad and all the other options my computer gives me to open them but i am getting nowhere with that
    Start U Member

Yes. That clarifies the problem. Right click on the compressed folder and you should get an option in the menu to extract the files.

That is if you have a newer version of Windows. Older versions may require a 3rd party zip program.

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    Yes. That clarifies the problem. Right click on the compressed folder and you should get an option in the menu to extract the files.
    thank you i just did one and it worked, thanks so much
    Start U Member