Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Litho just carved

Wow this is absolutely great. I just got my first 8x10 corian board now I have to figure out what to carve on it. I can only hope it comes out as nice as this one.

Ambrose

Looks great Robert

Very nice!

Very nice. I just got m first pieces of acrylic and can't wait to try a litho. I am going to follow the steps outlined in "Tips and Tricks" and see what happens. I can only dream that it will be even close to yours.

5. Default

I have done quite a few of these lithos and have found that using a light strip instead of light rope works wonders nice bright white light. I just make a box on the back of the frame maybe 1/2 to 3/4 inch deep just big enough for the light strip to be glued or tacked or however you want to keep it to the inside edges then drill a small hole through for the wire to come through and solder a switch to it and then go to radio shack or somewhere and find a plug in as batteries will go fast in them that whole endevour will cost around 40 or so but well worth it.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...mString=search
    these are the light strips like I use and then just find the power cord that does the 12 v whatever amps your using.
    I am not advertising for these guys just the only place that I could think of that would have something on quick notice right before xmas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12