Thread: back roller fault

Default back roller fault

I keep getting a back roller fault err e34-0204 hen the machine is measuring the board. The board continues and completely leaves the rollers. Any suggestions?

Have you done a "roller is compressed" in user options. There is a switch apparently that tells when the roller is compressed. I am speculating.
    Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

When the board clears the back roller the roller is not dropping down so that the switch opens up. Do a sensor check (0,7) and arrow down to the compression rollers. The back one will probably show compressed without a board in the machine. You can try blowing the dust out of the switch on the key board side while moving the roller up and down.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you use a blower to blow out the machine while the head is clamped down on a board (rollers up), the rear roller seems to collect the dust and foul up the operation of the switch. (Just something I noticed before I got dust collection.)

When the roller is compressed dust gets on the resting plate that the un compressed roller rest on. This builds up thin layers and eventually the dust gets so thick that even when the roller is UN compressed, it is not down far enough to let the switch arm to fall into the slot... Hence the computer thinks the roller is still compressed...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01040_WEB.jpg   DSC01044_WEB.jpg   DSC01043_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I cleaned the rollers and gave it a shot of wd40.Its rking fine now.Thank everyone for your help.