Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rotary Jig. Calibration error.

I plan to use one machine solely for that job.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Also, the wing nuts work loose. Once, during a carve, one of them actually fell down on the the rubber belt. I didn't notice it until the carve was finished so I was just lucky that it didn't bind anything up. A lock nut behind the wing nuts solved the problem.
    Steve

I put lock nuts (regular nuts) on the other side of the tubes. Once the wing nuts were close, I spin the lock nuts up to the tubes and then tighten the wing nuts against them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bust2.jpg  
    Last edited by bergerud; 04-24-2014 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    When it finally does work, subsequent calibrations seem okay until I remove the jig from the machine.

The calibration needs to be run for each carve is the way I understand the instructions.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Also, the wing nuts work loose. Once, during a carve, one of them actually fell down on the the rubber belt. I didn't notice it until the carve was finished so I was just lucky that it didn't bind anything up. A lock nut behind the wing nuts solved the problem.
    I see that you also replaced the wing nuts with knobs. I like your solution. I'll give it a try.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    The calibration needs to be run for each carve is the way I understand the instructions.
    That's the way I understand it also but, I usually have the same calibration errors between each carving.
    Steve

I see you also replaced the wing nuts with knobs also. I like your solution. I'll give it a try.
    Choose large diameter knobs so they are easy to "spin" up and down the threaded rod.

Default Same issue

I am having the same issue with my machine that is only 6 months new. Head pressure is normal 80 lbs on a new scale.All alignment marks line up perfectly, I ran the calibration 15 consecutive times with the same result, calibration error _calibration out of range!What next

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12