Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modified Eucher Board

Default Modified Eucher Board

I put a little more time into this modification. It's done entirely in 1.187 and it uses patterns that can be used by anyone. Including the card suits. The text is fully customizable and the only add-on needed is Centerline to carve it as is. If you change the Centerline text to raster or outline the Centerline add-on will not be necessary. You will need two boards about 15" by 6" by .75" (unless you use a sled) and the finished board thickness is around .5" for both top and bottom. Again, I have not carved this project so be sure to examine it carefully if you choose to carve it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Looks good Steve
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thank you steve again great
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry1 pointed out that the recess in the bottom for the cards wasn't deep enough for the full thickness of a deck of cards. I made the combined depth of the top inside recess and the bottom recess to equal about .5" and it really should have been about .75". I corrected the bottom to be about .6" for the card recess and set the pattern depth so the finished carve will be .75" Eucher Board Bottom2.mpc completely eliminates the carve region for the cards in the pattern and uses the 1/8" bit to carve a pocket to any depth you choose.

EDIT: I calculated the depths again and the combined recesses equals .695" and that should be deep enough for a deck of cards. However, I will leave "Eucher Board Bottom2.mpc" for those that have a deck of cards that are thicker than mine or wish to modify the final thickness. I have also done the same for the top.

EDIT 04/25/2014: 10pm: Corrected the Euchre misspelling.
    Steve

Just got done carving one of the first designs. I did not check if pockets deep enough for cards but the holes were not deep enough. Seems they were somewhere between 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch deep only. When the machine went to carve the holes and I put in the 1/8 cutting bit, the machine said it had to reregister the depth. I can fix the holes on the drill press, but perhaps someone else could carve and see what happens. I may need to download the latest version of the design to get card pocket depth right. he top of the box looked sweet, and it got compliments on it before even attempting finishing. If all issues with the design can be worked out, this could be a nice addition for someone at craft fairs. If someone is working on this (I am not sure if I have the skill set yet), you might consider adding holes for something like barrel hinges. Thanks for those working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeinWestMich View Post
    Just got done carving one of the first designs. I did not check if pockets deep enough for cards but the holes were not deep enough. Seems they were somewhere between 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch deep only. When the machine went to carve the holes and I put in the 1/8 cutting bit, the machine said it had to reregister the depth. I can fix the holes on the drill press, but perhaps someone else could carve and see what happens. I may need to download the latest version of the design to get card pocket depth right. he top of the box looked sweet, and it got compliments on it before even attempting finishing. If all issues with the design can be worked out, this could be a nice addition for someone at craft fairs. If someone is working on this (I am not sure if I have the skill set yet), you might consider adding holes for something like barrel hinges. Thanks for those working on this.
    It's good to hear all of the feedback as I haven't carved it yet. I did change the hole depths on subsequent versions. The latest version is in post #5

Good luck to all who use it in the Craft Fairs.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    Henry1 pointed out that the recess in the bottom for the cards wasn't deep enough for the full thickness of a deck of cards. I made the combined depth of the top inside recess and the bottom recess to equal about .5" and it really should have been about .75". I corrected the bottom to be about .6" for the card recess and set the pattern depth so the finished carve will be .75" Eucher Board Bottom2.mpc completely eliminates the carve region for the cards in the pattern and uses the 1/8" bit to carve a pocket to any depth you choose.

EDIT: I calculated the depths again and the combined recesses equals .695" and that should be deep enough for a deck of cards. However, I will leave "Eucher Board Bottom2.mpc" for those that have a deck of cards that are thicker than mine or wish to modify the final thickness. I have also done the same for the top.
    Thx steve will do one tomorrow I measured the the deck thickness or card in the box with my caliper and measured 0.700 it should be good thank you again also seen you make tulips real nice oh yes eucher should be euchre oh well thought I would point it out lol
    Last edited by henry1; 04-25-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    Henry

Thanks, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    Thx steve will do one tomorrow I measured the the deck thickness or card in the box with my caliper and measured 0.700 it should be good thank you again also seen you make tulips real nice oh yes eucher should be euchre oh well thought I would point it out lol
    Oops! Spelling correction. Misspelled Euchre. Thanks for pointing out the misspelling. What tulips are you talking about?
    Steve

Don't you have a lath at home and showed how to cut them out, was that not you if not sorry seen it on u tube lol
    Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast