Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keypad help

Default Keypad help

I've seen posts on keypad issues in the past. Unfortunately the term keypad is used so often searching the forum doesn't get me anything useful. So the "enter" key on my keypad stopped working suddenly and of course it happens when I have to get a project done by Thursday. All of the other keys seem to be functional. I just can't select my project once I get into the project menu. On power up I can move through the menus by selecting by number and hitting stop to back out of a menu. Are there any ideas or suggestions on how to get the button working again so I can get through this one carve? Thanks.

This is probably a dumb answer but anything is worth trying. Could it be like a lot of other electronic things. Shut it off, remove the card, UNPLUG IT FROM THE POWER SOURCE, leave unplugged for 5 minutes and start over. You have probably tried all the above but I just thought if you hadn't, that it is worth a try. Good Luck.
    Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Most times it is a ripped wire.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I tried turning off power multiple times, unplugging ets. It seems it may be more than just the button not working. This morning I was poking around on the keypad and found that if I select the measure board option from the keypad using the numbers then it will respond to the enter key to start the board measurement. When it starts up to the main menu it won't respond to the up/down arrows but I can select using a number. It comes up with option 1) as the default and it will respond to the "enter" key to select the project menu but once I am at the list of projects it will no longer respond to any of the keys. I took the keyboard side panel off and there is nothing that looks wrong. I still need to look underneath where the cables go to the computer. I tried reformatting and flashing the memory card but that did not change anything.

Push on the ribbon connector behind the keypad and maybe you will get lucky.

Try reformatting the memory card and upload the project again. It may or may not work but, its worth a try.

EDIT: I guess I should have read your 2nd message before posting.
    Steve

OK. I unplugged the power and took the bottom of to inspect the cables underneath. Unplugged stuff and plugged it back in and noticed nothing that looked damaged. Put stuff back and tried again a few more times but still no response. I gave up leaving the machine and walked away. About 30 seconds later I was about to leave the garage and heard a noise from the machine as the z-truck homed and the board started moving. I walked back to the machine and it was at the prompt asking me if I wanted to keep under rollers. I went through the rest of the steps and now it is carving.

I guess I shouldn't ask why, just accept that the machine is gracious enough to work for me today. If no more issues I'll count myself in the lucky category today. Time to buy a lotto ticket.

On large or detailed projects I find it takes time for project to load/compile on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    On large or detailed projects I find it takes time for project to load/compile on the machine.
    I had not noticed this before so did not think of it. My longest carve in the past was about 9 hours and I did not notice any delay. This one is about 3 hours.

I guess I'm not lucky today although I now have some more insight into what the problem is. About 20min into the carve the machine stopped and I got a message "power fluctuation, press Enter to continue". After pressing Enter it makes 2 or 3 passes and I get the error again. Seems like the power supply is getting flaky, probably the same issue that all the A machines have. Now need to try to find a way to save this carve before it goes completely kaput.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast