Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Z- stall 06 0313 press stop"

Wiggle the wires to the computer?? I got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canemaker View Post
    I tried it on a different plug circuit than I was using for my dust collector and I still have the same problem... check your message board
    If the problem is the external power fluctuation you could try a UPS. They are a little pricey but, it may fix your problem. If the fluctuation is due to the internal parts you will probably have to replace parts starting at the most logical. Remember, just because the power supply is new or rebuilt doesn't mean that it isn't bad. You could also send it back to Carvewright but, that is pricey also. I suggest you give them a call. They will help you diagnose the problem on the phone.
    Steve

Most logical, a bad power supply... I know electronics...and yep, power supply's can be good on the work bench and bad at the machine....

At Sony we had special paperwork when something I fixed at the Service Center and then it was sent back for the same thing.... I DID catch my error the 2nd time most of the time.... So I know a Referbished Power Supply CAN fail.... Not the Tech's fault...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Ok SteveNelson: I'm new to the electronics field, so here's a novice question. "What's a UPS", I sure your not talking about sending the carvewright back to Carvewright via United Parcel Service (UPS) lol~!
    Last edited by Canemaker; 04-24-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: forgot important issue

I'd send both the old Power Supply (with rebate form) and new remanufactured power supply into us for testing. Make sure you mark which one is old and which one is new.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Uninterrupted power supply, big enough to handle the cut-motor for a few seconds.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Looks like the old machine might be making a trip to Houston...with the old and new re-manufactured power supply for proper testing and wiring harness check.

Quote Originally Posted by Canemaker View Post
    Ok SteveNelson: I'm new to the electronics field, so here's a novice question. "What's a UPS", I sure your not talking about sending the carvewright back to Carvewright via United Parcel Service (UPS) lol~!
    A UPS is an acronym for Uninterruptable Power Supply. They have a bank of batteries and electronics that convert the power to 120 volts while the normal house current keeps the batteries charged. If the power fluctuates the devices plugged into a UPS never sees it since it's drawing the power from the batteries. So there is no fail over or lag time even if you have a total power failure. The larger the UPS and of course the more expensive ones will last longer without the house current recharging them.
    Steve

Thanks to all the advice and help. Especially to Bergerud, Al Who, Carl Beck and Connie... I replaced the power supply then replaced the DC power supply cable... I just finished a 50 minute carve with no problems.. It looks like I'm back up and running.. Now to catch up on projects. . Thanks you to all of you.

I got a Z axis stall err E06-0324 yesterday during a carve. Today I took machine apart checked for loose connections and continuity on the FFC cable and z motor wire. All good The only connection that was loose was the board sensor connector on the back of the z motor. Put it all back together and the machine would now home but got check board sensor when trying to measure. Put a new board sensor in and checked the wires for continuity and now getting the z stall again. Could the board have anything to do with a z axis stall. Also with the machine on I have resistance moving the truck up and down, Didn't have it last night when the problem first started. z sensor check reads zero when moving truck. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast