Thread: Internal lighting for CW machine

1. Default Internal lighting for CW machine

The lighting where my CW is located is not ideal. I was thinking if I had some LED's inside the dust cover to illuminate the board surface it might help the board sensor and would certainly give me a better view. I have seen photos of a CW with lights inside. Has anyone ever done it? Where did you pick up the power for the LED strip?
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

There is a customer that sells the Wood-Werx CarveLight through our Third-Party options. It is $39.99 and ships directly from him. Plus $10, if shipping to Canada.

https://store.carvewright.com/produc...cat=304&page=1
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Led lighting is great and easy to work with. Being low voltage the issues of shock go away. The intense light from led tends to mess with the measuring process, so it would need to be shut down for this action. I used old pc power supplies to power many of my led projects. I have one in basement that I use to power all my home led lighting. As of now I have three locations powered up, kitchen under cabinet, mail box, and my gazebo. There are 12volt adapters out there for sale that work well also, as I use them in smaller projects, gifts and sale items.

I have had no problems with adding LED lighting internal to the CW. I installed the LED light strip on the top of the dust collector so that I can clearly see to be able to change the carving bit. The lighting only partially lights the surface of the board. I use a USB powered LED strip that I found on amazon for less than $6. Although I have read some having problems with a power strip, that is what I use. It has two USB connectors, one for the internal lighting and I use the other to light the keypad. If interested search for ONEVER Flexible Led Strip Lights with USB Cable for TV Computer Desktop Laptop Background Home Kitchen Decorative Lighting, SMD 3528 50CM Cool White.

I do not have any machine measuring problems with my LED lighting system in the machine. 12v 1amp power source.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I do not have any issues at all. This is just of bit of info I picked up here, where others have mentioned issues that may have been caused by the lighting. Not saying you will have problems, but just something to watch for.

I have no problems with my LED's when the machine measures the board. I also added a few over the display to help me see what is on the screen. Both are wired together and to a 12vdc power supply. This is where I added my lights, I just used a hot glue gun to hold the LED's in place in a few different places. These are the same lights that I use on my lithopanes inside of the box. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191016_143716.jpg   20191016_143752.jpg  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.