Thread: how to layout multiple copies of the same pattern on one board?

Default how to layout multiple copies of the same pattern on one board?

hi,i am trying to layout a bunch of small crosses on a single board (so i can cutout 12 or so at once) but it doesn't want to let me do it.
    i.e. copy and paste.these are about 1 1/2 inches by 2 inches and i am putting them on a 1/4 oak board that is 7 1/2 by 14
    wood cross test 2.mpc

2. Default

I have version 1.87 I am sure someone with 2.0 will look at it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie_6 View Post
    hi,i am trying to layout a bunch of small crosses on a single board (so i can cutout 12 or so at once) but it doesn't want to let me do it.
    i.e. copy and paste.these are about 1 1/2 inches by 2 inches and i am putting them on a 1/4 oak board that is 7 1/2 by 14
    wood cross test 2.mpc

I deleted everything except the pattern, outlined it and offset the path by .125" and made it a pierced carve region because they are so small. Then I made multiple copies. Because they are pierced carvings, be sure to add some manual tabs to each cross.

EDIT: I added the tabs for you. Also, These crosses are very small and very thin. They may not carve well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Hi Scoobie,

Put the two items in a group. Take the enters off of each element and use the center group button on the tool bar. Now copy the group and you can move them.

wood cross test 3.mpc

Here is a version using regular cutouts and the 1/16" cutting bit.
    Steve

cross3test.mpci am still having trouble (brain cramp) this is what i did and it carved very well, How ever i cant for the life of me remember how i did it, or how to put more than one on the board.

thank you very much for helping me on this i am very greatfull

steve that is what i am trying to do ,but how do i change to 1/8 cutting bit because i do not have 1/16 but i have cut one out and it came out great just wanted to do more at a time thanks for all your help

Quote Originally Posted by scoobie_6 View Post
    steve that is what i am trying to do ,but how do i change to 1/8 cutting bit because i do not have 1/16 but i have cut one out and it came out great just wanted to do more at a time thanks for all your help
    At the top of the Cutout Control dialogue box (Tools Menu, Cut Path) there is a drop-down menu that allows you to change the cutting bit.
    Steve