Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bit doesn't quite touch board during loading....

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do first thing in the morning- at least I can isolate the problem further.
    What warranty concerns should I have here Bergerud? Will I void it for disassembly? If it's, say, jammed gears, or gearshaft, etc will they be replaced? I paid for the 1yr add-on.
    I know you're not (I'd guess) on the CW payroll, but do you have any insight/experience/advice since it's almost 11pm here in VA?
    Thanks in advance for future advice... and THANKS TO ALL who responded... I really love the community-oriented Forums here!

Quote Originally Posted by eastcutty View Post
    Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do first thing in the morning- at least I can isolate the problem further.
    What warranty concerns should I have here Bergerud? Will I void it for disassembly? If it's, say, jammed gears, or gearshaft, etc will they be replaced? I paid for the 1yr add-on.
    I know you're not (I'd guess) on the CW payroll, but do you have any insight/experience/advice since it's almost 11pm here in VA?
    Thanks in advance for future advice... and THANKS TO ALL who responded... I really love the community-oriented Forums here!
    Take good pictures of everything you find and email them to support@carvewright.com and follow up with a phone call..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I thought about the rollers, but I inspected them thru range of travel and no flaws were found.
    Also, they don't suddenly get flat spots, and this machine was first taken outta the box just weeks ago.
    Also also, (?) if a roller were the fault, the truck's stopping point would likely creep or slide along the rail one way or another as the truck is repeatedly moved manually.
    At least, that's my view as it stands right now, but you bet I'm gonna be checking that out tomorrow when I'm inside the machine!

Excellent advice there, Floyd, I'll do exactly that!

Well, OK, I removed the Zmotor/gearing from the equation by removing the Zbelt tension screw/spring, loosening the Zmotor mount screws, and slipping the Zbelt off of the top cog. Inspected both cogs and whole available length of exposed belting- no build-up or foreign material at all. With belt off the top cog, I rolled the Ztruck down the rails and....yep....still clunks at the same spot. Looks like my intuition was off. I'm a big boy- I can admit being mistaken- it's what you do with the gained experience that counts. I was then going to attempt to remove the Z- from the Ytruck but it does not appear to have adjustable roller mountings like the Ytruck has. Are the Y- and Ztrucks considered to be one service assembly? I found the approved service PDFs but they only show how to remove Y- and Ztruck assemblies as one unit. Any ideas? I don't want to void the $200 I spent on warranty here, ya know?

The z truck bearings are adjustable like the y carriage bearings. The z truck can also be taken off. You need a flat (like stamped) 12mm wrench. The rollers on the right are on eccentrics which loosen when rotated. Start by loosening them just enough to find the bad one.

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/sa...jpg&jq=100

Video I took of previous entry.....
    The link looks different

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/sa...5_b.jpg&jq=100

Ok, looks better once posted

Have you called in to tech support yet?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

LOL
    I didn't crane my neck around far enough to see that apparently!
    Now WHERE'S that f@rgin' wrench at?

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Have you called in to tech support yet?
    I wanted to post the video of the mechanical behavior on here first so there's no confusion/translation errors.
    As they say, "This ain't my first rodeo."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast