Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem chain, QC, Y drive assembly, board sensor @ 151 but get error

Default Problem chain, QC, Y drive assembly, board sensor @ 151 but get error

Guru's

I have had a chain of issues with my B machine with about 230 hours on it. As a result I have replaced the QC with a Carvetight, replaced the y drive assembly with a new one (changing the bearings did not clear up the clicking). Now, with the new Y motor assembly installed, on the first carve I get a board sensor error. Run the sensor check and get a value of 151, plenty high from what I can tell from other posts. I had the board sensor problem early in my CW experience and have not had an issue for a couple of months with it.

I have heard that the sensors are chained together, is there something else wrong that is just showing up as a board sensor?

Thanks in advance.

texasinmi

The Board Sensor Signal goes through the FFC Cable and when it goes bad, it sometimes makes contact then not... so the 151 test and gently move the cable looking for it to drop out to zero...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Well, as computers go, now the board sensor is happy without me doing anything.

BUT, now when the carve starts with a 1/16 tapered bit in the adapter for the 1/4 inch bit on pine, with a 1" square carve region, 1/8" deep. no chamfer, it goes into the wood, moves about 1/8 of a inch and throws a Y stall error E05-0303.

This is with the new y drive installed.

texasinmi

Well, with the help of my local Carve U guy, John Flowers, it appears that the issue all along has been the my old drive cable had expanded enough through time so that, though it would go in my QC chuck, it would not fit down into the new Carvetight chuck so when the bit contacted the wood, the chuck would not spin and this would throw the Y stall error. I smoooshed it down square and all is well in Detroit.

Thanks everyone,

texasinmi

Well, its back. Once again I get a check board sensor error, but I have a reading of 151 on the board sensor check. I tried Al's test and got no change in the sensor reading when I jiggled the FSC cable.

Ideas?

texasinmi

More diagnostics:
    1. Put masking tape down the middle of the work piece and the board sensor issue went away. My piece of wood is limba, on the darker side of things.

2. Restarted a carve, and now get a Z stall error at the point where it starts to check the bit, just after I input the bit type I am using, 1/16 carving. It slide to the middle so I can load a bit, but I just hit enter. It goes all the way to the keypad side, tries to go down and throws the error. With the power off, the z goes up and down with ease. Checked the FSC able, cleaned the rails, check the new bearings on my new Carvetight. All OK. Still get a z stall. The error is E06-0313.

Help please.

texasinmi

Try it with a thicker board. A board thick enough that it cannot reach the touch spot on the keypad side. You may get another error which could give another clue.

Is the machine faulting out due to a hole drilled through the Plastic Brass Roller Bracket? E06-0313 I believe is the hole problem...

Once your Cut Motor Brushes wear out the Cut Motor Coasts to a stop longer at bit spin up and drills a hole in the Brass Roller Bracket... On some of my machines with worn motors I open the cover as the head goes for the left side and wait until it stops rotating...

Epoxy will plug and fix it.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

OK, I put a 3/4 inch thick piece that is 6" x 3.5", plus the 3.5.

I choose the project, now during the home process it pushes the truck down and I get a Z stall, e06-0313 error.

If I push the truck to the middle and push it all the way down, then start the project, the truck gets picked up, moves over toward home, tries to push itself down over the board and I get the Z stall.

Thanks in advance for your help.

texasinmi

See my post above.... We posted at the same time.

AL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast