Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused

Default Confused

This pattern had a goal post in it that did not carve. I am guessing that either I didn't set it up right or I don't know how to allow for the bit. The machine ask me for a 60 degree bit, I put it in and it did nothing except go through the motions of getting ready to carve, then ask me for the carving bit. The bit i was trying to use was a vermont american 1/4 inch bit and I had a split collet to put it in. Could it be that the bit was too short to be found by the machine or did I do something wrong in the software? I do have centerline text and conforming vector but I didn't choose c/l text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Packers Vikings.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

your carve region is set at .25 so your football post is only .375 so that means your only have .125 for your football post to carve in the wood. could be your bit was not the same setting as when you set it the second time for the carve ...or your wood was not .75 thick.

I see that your thickness is .5--- with that you program needs to be .75 thick.... that means the thickness of the wood remaining is the way you have it .172....11/64 I'm only guessing if I'm not right some one will chime in
    Last edited by aokweld101; 04-09-2014 at 06:38 PM.

In your MPC you did not have conforming selected for the goal post carve.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

You are right about the wood not being.75 thick but I had changed that in the pattern that I uploaded. It measured .55 but I allowed for that. Does the bit have to be the same length as the carve bit? Thanks

Was that where I messed up? fwharris Thanks

see I didn't catch it all.... I bow to the experience ...lol

I looked again Floyd, I see where he had the 60 degree bit selected and the depth but didn't have the last box filled in for the depth per pass is that what you meant ?

Does the bit have to be the same length as the carve bit?

Before the update to 2.005 yes a non CarveWright bit had to be with in the bit length window of the CarveWright bit. In 2.005 they opened up the range so the firmware could allow for the other bits.

Just double checking on your original post statement about the bits.
    The machine ask me for a 60 degree bit, I put it in and it did nothing except go through the motions of getting ready to carve, then ask me for the carving bit.

Was this during the start up of your carve? If so, during the start up it will ask for all of the bits you have set in your design. It should ask for the last bit to be used (your V bit) first and the last bit asked for will be the first bit to be used in the carving. Raster (patterns and carve regions) will always be the first thing to carve. After that it will ask for the next bit to be used. Cut out operations will always be the last thing done.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I looked again Floyd, I see where he had the 60 degree bit selected and the depth but didn't have the last box filled in for the depth per pass is that what you meant ?
    No, he did not have the "conform" box checked. He did have the depth set at .375 which was deeper than the carve region area and that is why it shows up on the board and probably why he did not select conform. If the conform was selected then it would carve the full depth of .375 below the region.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast