Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert a Word.doc to a pattern - Golf Course

Default Convert a Word.doc to a pattern - Golf Course

I have the general manager of the local golf course wanting an ice chest. He only has the logo in Word.doc form. I do not know how to convert to a pattern since I do not have a Jpg file. Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Cobster
    Ridgeview ranch.doc (38.0 KB)

Ridgeview Ranch
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try this. I got it out of Word and cleaned it up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ridgeview Ranch.png  

With your word document open select the logo image and right click it. You should have a "save as picture" selection. Save the picture and in designer use the import image function to bring it into Designer. I just did it and looks like it should carve very well. I would suggest adding a little draft for any chipping concerns.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ridgeview.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ridgeview ranch carving.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	68867
    Thanks for the help. I was able to copy it to my software editor (Paint.net) and upload to my favorites. On my file, the letters seem to be thinner. How do you get the letters thicker and how did you get the circle around the logo? Cobster

For the circle around the logo I just used the circle drawing tool and made the circle a carve region.

On mine when I imported the image straight into designer I did get a pop message saying that I did not have the font "arial bold" and it made a substitution to a different font. Know clue on what it changed to and the first time I have seen that when bringing in a image. When you had it in Paint did you do any editing? You might try importing it straight into designer like I did with by passing Paint.

To make the letters thicker I added a medium draft.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

What software version are you using? 1.187 or 2.005? I will post the mpc in your version
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by Cobster View Post
    On my file, the letters seem to be thinner. How do you get the letters thicker and how did you get the circle around the logo? Cobster
    I think this is a case where setting Bit Optimization: Best will make the letting closer to original.Take a look here: http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...668#post223668. Draft will make the bottom of the letters thicker, but not the top. Bit Optimization: Best will make the top thicker due to the way the tip of the bit will follow the pattern.

Mr. Harris, I am using 1.187. Too new at the CW and still learning. I just learning the basics about the software. At this time, I only know how to do cut and past. I have not learned yet on how to manipulate the fonts. I do not know if I have the designer software that you are suggesting that I use. Guess I need to do a little more studying.

Many thanks for your help again!
    Coby

Quote Originally Posted by Cobster View Post
    Mr. Harris, I am using 1.187. Too new at the CW and still learning. I just learning the basics about the software. At this time, I only know how to do cut and past. I have not learned yet on how to manipulate the fonts. I do not know if I have the designer software that you are suggesting that I use. Guess I need to do a little more studying.

Many thanks for your help again!
    Coby
    Coby,

You can just call me Floyd, no need for the Mr. but thanks!

This is in 1.187 so you can open it. All of the features I used are in the basic software, no add ons needed. What I did was got to "file" scroll down to "import" and "import image". Browse to the saved location for your image, select it to bring into designer as a pattern. In the window you can size and crop as needed, none needed on your image, and then give it a name to save it into your pattern list.

On his I left the Ridgeview pattern at the default depth of .250 and I added a medium draft. I used the circle drawing tool to place the circle around the pattern. I then made the circle a carve region at the same depth of the pattern.

Just in case you have not seen these here is a link to the software tutorials to help you learn more than copy and paste. http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...ject-designer/
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Thank you again Floyd. Guess I was raised in the era that my parents taught me to say Sir and Ma'am. Do not mean and disrespect.

Can't wait to share with my customer on how this will come out. Plus I plan on doing some of the tutorials this next week.

On a side note, Still love my dust collector. It is still working like a charm.

Coby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast