Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CW Rotary Jig Basics

By the way who is Michael? No one has answered that for me. Yes, I am new to the forum.

I do. We also answer the phones all day long among other things.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Why don't you come to the conference, jack? Meet Michael, meet LHR and get a real sense of what it means to be part of this CarveWright family!

As an update on what I'm calling the designer 2.0 addendum, I received a rough draft earlier in the week. I sent it back asking for images and screen shots, plus that newer features from changelog be added. I got it back yesterday but have not had time to proof. Also got from joe the icon images to redo toolbar icon reference quick guide updated. Made new landing page for AskBud videos and working on reorg and update notations of Tips and Tricks. LHR is "stooping" as fast as we can. SMH

GREAT SHOT, CONNIE. You have been/are a busy lady! Thank you for your time. Are there others that back you up or do you do this all on your own?

LHR is a small privately held business. We all wear many hats and do what it takes to get the job done. We're not perfect and as humans do, sometimes make human mistakes, but as a company I think LHR is awesome and I love my CarveWright family. Hope you grow to feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jackh View Post
    So Michael Tyler is not employed by Carvewright and this documentation was not prepared by the Carvewright staff?

If that is the case I withdraw my Kudos!
    Hello Jack,

I just returned from a short cruise with my wife and noticed this thread upon my return. I'm glad you find the Rotary Jig documentation helpful, and hope you find the Tips & Tricks series, as well as the CarveWright and AskBud tutorials equally helpful.

NOTE: Many people do not know there is already a 200+page Software Manual accessed via the Help menu in their Designer software, and although it requires some updating to reflect some of the newest features, it does a very good job in describing all the standard features and operations of the Designer software.

I am not an employee of CarveWright - I've grown to feel much "closer" than that. Everything I've learned came from using the software, perusing the user forum, referring to the software manual, making my own "accidental discoveries", plus occasional conversations with CW Tech Support and the developers of the hardware and software. I simply parroted what these resources taught me in the form of the written Tips & Tricks, some videos, and the recent Rotary Jig basic introduction documentation. All of these write-ups were voluntary on my part. AskBud did the same thing...creating videos of what he learned from the Tips & Tricks and phone calls to me, the CW Techs, forum, etc. He voluntarily invested his time into making "down-home" video tutorials we all enjoy to this day.

There are many, many others who contribute to the enjoyment of the CarveWright System. I always tell a new user his/her best resource is the CW Forum. Most every question has already been asked and answered here. If a Tips or video Tutorial is available for a particular topic, forum members generally post a link to that resource. The forum is pretty much the "go to" first resource now. As far as I know, no one has asked for or expected any specific compensation for contributing to the CW community at large. Speaking personally, I am "very well-paid" from the years of fun and satisfaction I've received from my CarveWright machines.

Kudos are impossible to direct to just the company or to any specific suite of individuals, since it is truly a collective and collaborative effort on everyone's part to make our CW Experience more enjoyable.

I agree there is some catching up to do for the documentation all around. It is a process that is ongoing and isn't quite fast enough to suit anyone/everyone involved. I hope to positively contribute to that process some more in the future. In the meantime, please feel free to post questions on the forum for items not already documented. Help is never very far away.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Well written, Michael I am impressed with your dedication and your abilities. Thank you for your invitation to join in with the CW Family. As you can tell I am a newby and as yet do not share the history of you long time CW Family members. I was turned on to the CW machine by a good friend who has been a CW user about as long as you senior people. In the beginning he was ready to use it as a boat anchor. After many returns for parts replacements and his skilled maintenance reproach he made the machine work for him. He now swears by it. In spite of his problems he highly recommended the machine to me. I am a home hoby user and I do not intend to make a business out of it. As an engineer (retired) with space systems experience I strive to do things the "best" way and to continually improve the system. I have no criticism of the existing just "suggestions" for improvement.
    Thank you for your time and comments Jack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123