Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vector cut gone haywire bug

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    I reported what I THINK might have been a similar problem or at least a predecessor to this, back in 2007. The Christmas Wreath project has a Bow that would not create a closed vector outline around it with whatever version of Designer I was using at the time. I discovered that if I applied a rotation of just 1 degree, then I could generate the vector without a problem. To this day, that bow in the project will show a rotation angle of 359 degrees instead of 0 (i.e., 1 degree off vertical). Apparently, that minor "shift" forced everything to behave!
    I too had a similar failure back in May 2010. I posted on it, but can't find the post (not saying its gone, just can't find it). That one was also on a specially-prepared blank after an hour of carving, at the tail end of the last operation, the cutout. Don't recall how I got around it or if there was a fix.

I guess some people are just lucky.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clock ruined.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	68697

Sounds good I relay need a vacation soon and would love to visit!

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    Sounds good I relay need a vacation soon and would love to visit!
    Awesome! Looking forward to it!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I had to look that word up... I not really making light of something usually regarded as serious or sacred.. just pointing out flaws in software that are annoying.

Raster mode tool paths in Aspire is hardly the holly grail 100% more like 80% on the other hand the CW never has " jumped from one end to end from a inside curve.

Last edited by liquidguitars; 04-03-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I had to look that word up... I not really making light of something usually regarded as serious or sacred.. just pointing out flaws in software that are annoying.

Raster mode tool paths in Aspire is hardly the holly grail 100% more like 80% on the other hand the CW never has " jumped from one end to end from a inside curve.

I'm afraid I'm not following you. Have you joined the Aspire Forum? Perhaps we should take this discussion there! About when did you purchase the Aspire software? Are you doing any of the projects I designed for them?

Here's the link to the Forum:
    http://forum.vectric.com/index.php
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-04-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

I also have a vector project that I created in designer with extra lines that are showing on the designer screen. They are not round , like the clock shape, but are rectangle objects with extra lines that go off the screen at an angle and then return to a different location. When I click on these extra lines to highlight, my rectangle project highlights but the extra lines do not. It is a rather complex project, with all vector lines. I do not wish to share the project, for fear it will show up on e-bay, but I would like to get rid of the extra lines, before I try cutting it out with the CW. And , if the extra lines don't highlight, will they get routed.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Hi Dan,

Please post your MPC.

NOTE: We MUST drill it into every user's head to post their MPC file. Too much wasted time trying to "guess".
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

I have seen the extra line problem before caused by double vertices. Check that there is only one vertex where the line takes off.

Maybe you can delete most everything but the problem and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    I also have a vector project that I created in designer with extra lines that are showing on the designer screen. They are not round , like the clock shape, but are rectangle objects with extra lines that go off the screen at an angle and then return to a different location. When I click on these extra lines to highlight, my rectangle project highlights but the extra lines do not. It is a rather complex project, with all vector lines. I do not wish to share the project, for fear it will show up on e-bay, but I would like to get rid of the extra lines, before I try cutting it out with the CW. And , if the extra lines don't highlight, will they get routed.
    Just to be clear, this thread was about extra lines being cut that did not show up in Designer. Yours is a different issue.

Can you post just the vectors in error rather than the entire project?

I'll start a new thread with extra lines that do show in designer.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123