Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: deleting pattern when doing a cut out

Quote Originally Posted by t-townwilson View Post
    When I get home from work, I'll post a photo and/or mpc. I used a pattern I downloaded off this forum, and I know there was an uneven line where it should have been straight, and when I look at the pattern on screen, the edges are "pixelated" or "stepped" instead of smooth. I have "conforming vectors" as an add on, would this help in this instance?
    The pixilation is probably due to a low resolution picture when it was imported. You might be able to clean it up but, you can only edit patterns that you own or created.
    Steve

2. Default

Here are some photos of the edges and front view (front view not very demonstrative ) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	68769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	68770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	68771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	68772

I'm not sure how to load mpc. Bama Board.mpc Hope that works 😃 How do I smooth the roughness in the pattern?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by t-townwilson View Post
    Here are some photos of the edges and front view (front view not very demonstrative ) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0073.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	68769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0074.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	68770Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0075.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	68771Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0076.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	68772

I'm not sure how to load mpc. Bama Board.mpc Hope that works  How do I smooth the roughness in the pattern?

Thanks!
    If you zoom in really close you can see that the lines around the perimeter that make up the cutout are jagged. The machine is just cutting what you tell it to. Your only options are to re-draw the outline, find a better .dxf file to import, or find a better pattern.
    Steve

Steve is correct the outline of the pattern is jagged..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bama.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I imported an outline of Alabama and replaced your cutout with it. This may or may not solve your problem but, at least you can edit the outline.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

6. Default

thanks, Steve, I'll give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Steve, how did you do that?
    I found a picture of Alabama at http://www.50states.com/maps/alabama.htm#.U0Ch7XlOXb0 and imported it into Corel Draw, outline traced the picture, and exported it as a DXF. After importing it into the Designer I changed all of the straight lines to line segments. Then I sized it to the same size as the original and made it a cutout.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I found a picture of Alabama at http://www.50states.com/maps/alabama.htm#.U0Ch7XlOXb0 and imported it into Corel Draw, outline traced the picture, and exported it as a DXF. After importing it into the Designer I changed all of the straight lines to line segments. Then I sized it to the same size as the original and made it a cutout.
    Thanks, I suspected something like that.

t-townwilson, the lesson here is that I believe there will always be some jaggedness when working from patterns that are pixellated versus vectors such as SteveNelson46 provided to you. Some patterns and bit images are better than others, and there are ways to smooth them out somewhat, but if a vector image can be found or made, that will usually give better results.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Thanks, I suspected something like that.

t-townwilson, the lesson here is that I believe there will always be some jaggedness when working from patterns that are pixellated versus vectors such as SteveNelson46 provided to you. Some patterns and bit images are better than others, and there are ways to smooth them out somewhat, but if a vector image can be found or made, that will usually give better results.
    Amen to that!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast