Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: deleting pattern when doing a cut out

1. Default deleting pattern when doing a cut out

I have read in a couple of tutorials the instruction to delete the pattern after making an outline to cut out. Unfortunately, the author doesn't say how to delete the pattern. All I've accomplished is deleting the puzzle and the outline. How can I select one without the other? BTW, if it matters, I'm working on a Mac.

Thanks

Select the pattern, then press the Delete key on your computer keypad. Upload your MPC if you still can't do it - we'll take a look at it for you.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

It also helps if you open up the "carving list" side window. Got to "view" and and the bottom is the "carving list". With this open you can easily select the elements on the board.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Just to be sure, did you outline the pattern first (under Tools). In the cut list, select the pattern - the outline should be shown there and not selected - right click and delete or press the delete key.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

5. Default

YAY! It worked! Now I have lots of edge sanding to do I'm disappointed with the quality of cuts with the router bit, but the edge on the pattern was not as smooth as I would have hoped. Any suggestions for that?

Also, every bit I used last night was very difficult to remove! I had to completely remove the set screw and it's "innards" from the collet each time! What's up with that?

If you can post your mpc or at lest a photo, that would help.

Sounds like you have the Carvetight. Rapping the spindle with the handle of the T hex wrench often works for me. Do you see any rust on your bits' collars?

Sounds like he has the old Quick Chuck to me. If so, keeping it super-clean and lubed should make getting bits in and out much easier. If you do have the CarveTight, it's unusual to have difficulty removing a bit. Haven't had that issue myself.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

8. Default

It is the carvetight...only had the machine a week. No apparent rust. It seemed to start when I inserted a v-bit with collet adapter and it fell out during "finding bit" sequence. I perhaps tightened it too much, but after that every time I changed bits I struggled to remove the bit.

9. Default

When I get home from work, I'll post a photo and/or mpc. I used a pattern I downloaded off this forum, and I know there was an uneven line where it should have been straight, and when I look at the pattern on screen, the edges are "pixelated" or "stepped" instead of smooth. I have "conforming vectors" as an add on, would this help in this instance?

The "stepped" pattern is probably the source of the problem. The pattern may need to be cleaned up. Conforming vectors does not apply and will not help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast