Thread: Scooter Trash reporting in.

Default Scooter Trash reporting in.

I've wanted a CW for years and finally pulled the trigger. It's in the back of a UPS delivery truck and arrives this afternoon.

I've spent the last couple of days reading and watching everything I could find to make sure I don't break it.

Quote Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
    I've wanted a CW for years and finally pulled the trigger. It's in the back of a UPS delivery truck and arrives this afternoon.

I've spent the last couple of days reading and watching everything I could find to make sure I don't break it.
    Welcome to the forum. Great place to start.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thank you, miss Connie.

UPS just delivered it and let me tell you, whoever loaded it onto the truck needs help with what "THIS END UP! FRAGILE" means. The box has some minor damage to it but when I hoisted the machine out I didn't see any damage. I took gobs of pictures in case I need to make a claim (I sure hope not). And if it comes to that, a good friend works for UPS and he sent me a picture of it on the truck well before it got here so I have proof it was loaded wrong. I think there should be "this end up" stickers on all 4 sides of the box.

I'll go over it with a fine toothed comb during setup. Crossing fingers.

congratulations, I waited years too before I bought mine. I have loved it ever since, even when I was hating it while trying to figure out what went wrong.

dave

Welcome to the Forum Family Scootertrash,

You're in for an exciting ride and I envy your new CW-CX. Heck of a machine and we think you'll have a lot of fun. Keep on reading the Tips and Tricks on the website and take a break from carving occasionally for sleep. It makes the learning much smoother and more fun. Glad to have you with us.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Welcome to the forum. Let the fun begin.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bruce View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Family Scootertrash,

You're in for an exciting ride and I envy your new CW-CX. Heck of a machine and we think you'll have a lot of fun. Keep on reading the Tips and Tricks on the website and take a break from carving occasionally for sleep. It makes the learning much smoother and more fun. Glad to have you with us.
    Well thanks, Cap'n. I'm happily 1/2 way through my first carve and loving every minute!

I've been through the forums and have watched possibly every video. Starting my first carve was easy!

Snellville? I'm up by Buford Dam. Come up to the American Legion in Buford sometime and I'll buy you a beverage.

Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    congratulations, I waited years too before I bought mine. I have loved it ever since, even when I was hating it while trying to figure out what went wrong.

dave
    When I first moved to Georgia 7 years ago the husband of a coworker wanted to go in halves on one. I almost did but realized the guy was...uh....um....he has some real issues. Glad I didn't or else I'd prolly have a mugshot!

So here I am 7 years later, doing my first carve, drinking a beer (Dogfish 60 for any beer snobs), wearing shooting ear muffs, and posting

Even with the CW and the shooting muffs I can still hear my dog whining inside. Never get a Basset Hound!! (I love her but sometimes......)

Welcome to the forum. There are many here willing to help you if and when you have problems. Just ask and the answers will come.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thank you for the kind invitation Scooter,

I'll have to take you up on that Legion visit as I've been known to hoist a tankard now and then. It will be fun to compare notes and see if we can share some other tricks of the craft. I learn things every day from other users new and old. We'd also like to invite you to join our informal North Georgia CarveWright Users Group if I can ever get my life to slow down a bit and have everyone here to my home shop for some tales and fellowship. Whoever said retirement is easy was lying as some days I'm busier than when I worked for others instead of being my own "unreasonable Boss." Drop me a PM through the Forum with you e-mail Scooter and we'll fold you into our local group if you wish.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers