Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Table Project

Default Another Table Project

Here I go again....another table project. With the dinning room table and chairs behind me, I was encouraged to go on and tackle a whole new piece. This is a 4'x6' "craft" table for my wife's craft room. Hopefully ($$$$) the top will be marble (smoothest and flattest stuff I can think of) to sit on top of a heavy duty sort of farm table leg and stretcher system. Of course this being a "craft" table, every piece is to be carved with uh something. The legs will be 8 segment built up hexagons sitting on round disks. The table will have perimeter skirts, end stretchers and a center stretcher in the long direction. The material is 1-3/4" poplar. I'll post pictures as I go, Here's a few carved pieces. Did the long ones first and now working on the short pieces for the legs.

Still learning an awful lot on this project as well.

Oh sorry, still can't seem to figure out how to post pictures right side up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0734.JPG   IMG_0735.JPG   IMG_0736.JPG  

Wow! That is impressive. Can't wait to see pictures of the table put together. I really like the design(s) you chose....did you make the patterns or are they available for purchase?

Neat project and looking forward to watching you make it.

Ron, you have done some impressive carving (and design).
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

SharonB: some of the patterns are just standard CW, a couple off of the forum and the rest are my wife's craft tools that I attached to a scan sled and scanned in...the scissors, pliers, spools, paint bottles, and paint brushes...the paint brushes were a challenge to get the bristles ...I had to sacrifice a couple by dipping the bristles in watered down glue, let it dry and harden then scan...lots of fun...I'll share the mpc's for those here when I can organize them.

Quote Originally Posted by ronboley View Post
    SharonB: some of the patterns are just standard CW, a couple off of the forum and the rest are my wife's craft tools that I attached to a scan sled and scanned in...the scissors, pliers, spools, paint bottles, and paint brushes...the paint brushes were a challenge to get the bristles ...I had to sacrifice a couple by dipping the bristles in watered down glue, let it dry and harden then scan...lots of fun...I'll share the mpc's for those here when I can organize them.
    Awesome idea for the brushes, but it seems like that might be a good Pattern Modeling project.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Default Patterns For Cradft Table

As promised...here's the scanned patterns for the craft table objects. The rest of the objects I used were just the standard lettering, back ground pattern, etc...that came with the CW. Still carving...
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is very generous. Thank you.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default Leg Pieces

Here's photos of the leg pieces and the table saw jig to cut them at the proper angle. The four legs will be eight sided...so eight different carved pieces per leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Leg Pieces 2.pdf   Leg Pieces 1.pdf   Leg Jig.jpg  

The photos are all PDF files for some reason, instead of a "regular" photo format (jpg, bmp, png)

EDIT: the leg jig photo is fine...it's a jpg and displays as expected
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 04-06-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast