Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some More Rotary Projects

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Good one. Just playing. How is your rotary jig coming? Any carves yet?
    I've done one carve, Brian's deer call. Very impressed with the full system..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo272.jpg   Photo274.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Cool. It really is a lot of fun. Many new things to do.

bergerud, where are you getting the patterns for these rotary carvings?

Dan, outstanding work I only have to get the rotary jig and program and I'll have it all, my wife and I are going to Ohio at the end of this month when we get back I'm getting one !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackh View Post
    bergerud, where are you getting the patterns for these rotary carvings?
    Some I make from mathematical formulas, some I make in other 3d graphics programs, some I find on the web, and some I make in Designer.

bergerud, is your name Dan?
    Would you care to share with the rest of us where "kissing pair" for example came from? Would you care to dole for us the web sites from which you get the models? Perhaps a hint of the 3D graphics programs that you use?
    Thank you Jack

Dan I am. The figures I carve are created in a free program called Daz 3D Studio. It is a program people use to make 3d human figures and scenes. From it you can export 3d meshes in .obj format. Import into another program like Meshlab, for example, and export as .stl. then import into Designer. Lots of the stuff is free. Many users make and sell textures and accessories. We only need the meshes.

Nice ones Floyd. Since you are showing the calls, I will show the turkey head striker I designed for Brian. (last Image is what Floyd sent me from the stl files I created) The head was done in ZBrush, striker done in Moi3D, and assembled centered on striker in silo 3d, and made into an STL using blender. (blender is much better at converting OBJ files to STL files)
    This has not been carved yet, but getting close to carving it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turkey head-zb3.jpg   turkey head-zb1.jpg   turkey head striker-ren.jpg   striker unwrapped.PNG  

Last edited by eelamb; 05-03-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Nice ones Floyd. Since you are showing the calls, I will show the turkey head striker I designed for Brian. (last Image is what Floyd sent me from the stl files I created) The head was done in ZBrush, striker done in Moi3D, and assembled centered on striker in silo 3d, and made into an STL using blender. (blender is much better at converting OBJ files to STL files)
    This has not been carved yet, but getting close to carving it.
    Yes, that is a great job, a very unique striker. I can't wait to carve it soon.

Eddie,

I had the easy part, you did all of the hard work on the model! We did discover something though about the STL importer and the centering of the model. Eddie made a 3D model (STL) and centered it on the striker length but when imported into the stl it shifted the center to the full model. This made the carve offset in the rotary software and un carve able. Eddie had to unwrap it to get it to work properly.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast