Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer S/W Manual

Default Designer S/W Manual

I am a newby, just got my CW machine this month and already I am causing trouble. Like we all do(oh for sure)I am reading the S/W Manual. I am sure that the manual has been written for version 1.--- of the CW S/W. In attempting to follow the manual and execute the instructions, there appear to be differences in the manual descriptions and what appears on my screen and what I am able to do. This, as a newby is very confusing. In fact several things that I did according to the manual caused my project to delete, the program to shut down and when I double clicked the short cut restart the program the program would not respond. To get it back I had to restart my computer. Now I know many of you are saying it serves me right for reading the manual its just not done. Now I note that there is a manual for the A and B versions of the CW machine and a separate manual for the C machine. Might it be a smart move to have a separate manual for the 2.--- S/W? I realize that it would be a lot of work, especially for something that is read by very few(yes it is true). If this causes way too much work, would it be practical to issue a suplement to the version 1.--- S/W manual denoting the Version 2.--- S/W differences on a page by page basis? This would be of great help to we newby's who were never familiar with the version 1.--- S/W. What do you think LHR?

THE NEXT THING THAT REALLY HACKS ME OFF IS THAT WHEN I SPEND 30 MINUTES TYPING A NEW THREAD, I AM TOLD THAT AM NOT LOGGED IN AND CAN'T POST. GUR GUR

Yes, writing manuals is a lot of work. Probably the reason that the ones that are available are riddled with errors and not bothered to be maintained. Your best resource is to search the forum to get answers to any questions you have. Or read the tips and tricks posted online.

Not to mention, the original word document can't be found as that person that wrote it is long gone from the company and it has to be totally redone. I just don't have the time. I've worked on it here and there, but it's still a long way from being ready.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I am really sorry to hear that. It is almost a crime to issue S/W this complex with inadequate/incomplete S/W documentation. I can't imagine "loosing" the version 1.--- S/W documentation. In fact I don't even understand, is it not the case that you have the manual for version 1.--- under "CarveWright Software Manual" under "Support"? At least I thought that is what I have been reading.

Sorry "It is almost a crime to issue S/W this complex with inadequate/incomplete S/W" documentation.

unable to delete this

The PDF is there, not original word file. The newer software features are covered with videos, not written documentation.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    The PDF is there, not original word file. The newer software features are covered with videos, not written documentation.
    There are lots of PDF to Word converters out there. Some even free. See: https://www.pdftoword.com

I'm using one, but they don't keep formatting or images.

Find a StartU member near you to talk you thru the machine. Once you understand how it works it isn't that bad. If you can't find help near you, contact me and I will help you by email or phone. You can PM me or go thru my web site. I definitely do not want you to get frustrated. For others reading this, the advantage of going thru a StartU member is that you don't have to start cold.
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Quote Originally Posted by jackh View Post
    Sorry "It is almost a crime to issue S/W this complex with inadequate/incomplete S/W" documentation.

unable to delete this
    A pet peeve for a lot and for quite a while...
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast