Thread: Madonna

Default Madonna

An old favorite. This one will carve nicely in the new software. If someone post the PTN after it is unwrapped, then others may enjoy it too. But size would need to be changed. This one is about 12" by 3.7".
    File came for the internet, I just resized it to fit the new rotary jig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails statue madonna 3.jpg   statue madonna 2.jpg   statue madonna 1.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

That is beautiful Ed. Was it an STL?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Here it is.. I could not upload the mpc as it is to big so here is a down load link

https://www.mediafire.com/?5bwqene1racmd98
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Madonna Ed Lamb stl.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Clint, it was a 3ds. I converted it using silo to obj, and resized it. Then took it into meshlab for the stl conversion. Images are from meshlab.
    Kept importing it into designer to check the size, and resized it again and again till I got it under the 12" tall or less than 4.25" wide (which ever came first).
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Here it is.. I could not upload the mpc as it is to big so here is a down load link

https://www.mediafire.com/?5bwqene1racmd98
    Floyd it is an MPC so will do me no good nor anyone else with 1.187 but thanks anyway. But anyone with designer 2x can use it. I will unwrap it for designer 1.187, and post it here.

Eddie

Sorry guys, silo does not have a centering feature to force the model on the center of the grid (x,y,z) or at least I do not know how to do it, nor do I know how to center it in blender. Therefore the model shows 144" wide in silo, and I have not figure out how to lay it out properly for unwrapping.

Eddie

Well after much struggling, I figured out how to center the object (manually) on the grid. So here is the madonna pattern for anyone with designer 1.187, and Ed's Rotary jig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails statue madonna rotary.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Eddie