Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Progect for the Fallen Soldier Memorial

Default Another Progect for the Fallen Soldier Memorial

Fort Sill has a Soldier Outreach Services Office and has on display all the pictures of soldiers from units here on Fort Sill that have fallen in combat. Some of you may have seen the fallen soldier memorial I did for their offices (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...Memorial-Stand). I am still working on a POW MIA dsiplay for them, but in the interim I decided to crank out a flag case for the "Guest Book" table they have in the big display room. Made from Walnut and fits a 5x9.5 burial flag. I can't take credit for the pattern. Someone else posted a link to the company who made this pattern and it was a free trial pattern. I apologize for not remembering the name of the company; someone else may be able to give the name. Q & C welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Slide3.JPG   Slide1.JPG   Slide2.JPG  

That is impressive, and the pattern is a free one from http://www.cncmilitaryemblems.com/
    He does great military patterns.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Nice project JD. Thanks for sharing it. Did you use glass or acrylic with this?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Excellent job !!!
    Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Beautiful! Great job.

I agree, excellent job.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    Nice project JD. Thanks for sharing it. Did you use glass or acrylic with this?
    I prefer the glass for these. It is easier to clean and sometimes these get "handled" and the Plexigals is also easy to scratch or get cloudy. When I do Challenge coin holders for people still in the service I use Plexiglas for the enclosure because they usually have a couple PCS moves left and the movers will break the glass.

Very nice flag holder and beautiful workmanship.
    MAX COX

9. Default

Very nice, clean joinery and a great finish.

Very nice!!
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast