Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Customer Service?

RobertP, I have to agree with you on this one. Customer service and satisfaction should be job one with any business. Taping together is not the answer. Refund for part or a minimum of a credit for a purchase to be made in the future. My opinion.

While tape may be effective, I also would not consider that a solution. It sounds like this really needs to be redesigned with a twist lock mechanism, or some other way that the pieces can hold together with various motor airflow outputs.
    Doug Fletcher

If you used your credit card to make your purchase, you can also pursue getting a refund through them if you are not satisfied with the response you have received- this puts the onus on deciding who should pay for what and what the standard should be for a purchase onto a third party. (and is also one of the benefits of many credit cards and is a great reason to use them over a check..)

I hope this helps- (now back into my hole )
    Lawrence

ps- for what its worth, I also successfully used tape on my muffler, but I understand your being upset that you could have just done that in the first place before purchasing a new muffler)

Now I feel like I got cheated. I seem to be the only one who doesn't have a strong cut motor that is unusually powerful and capable of blowing my muffler to pieces. Mine faithfully stays attached and in one piece.

Default Customer Service?

FWMiller. Lol! Thank you for that.

I kept thinking this post would defuse itself, but it may go on another week or so.

The tech has no authority to make that decision of refund or not. I have some leeway, but not much. The techs are usually right in knowing what the answer will be, if they ask me.

I'm fair, but not a push over. If you're doing something wrong, I will try to politely help you learn what might be going on and the cause, whether it is pilot error or maintenance related. When it's our issue, I'll try to be fair. But you've got to ask. And, FYI, I respond better to honey than vinegar. (Not referring to OP.)

Omar taught me one thing before he left that I think I've tweaked a little bit. You can offer good customer service, while telling the customer "no", but that doesn't mean the customer will see it that way.

One part of me is kind of happy, we've improved the machine and software, so much, our most important issues are muffler bags and fonts. (SW Engineers are aware of the font issue and, I believe, working on a fix or response to that issue.)

Night.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 03-26-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie, thank you for replying to this thread.

I am glad to see that you recognize that there is a problem with the muffler bag, and your company is working on a solution for it. In light of that I do have to ask, why would the part continue to be sold as a replacement knowing that there is an issue with the design? I understand that you would need to provide this on the sale of a complete system to keep things going, but I think maybe mentioning to the customer that needs to just replace their part, due to it having the same failure as what they will be purchasing, that there are issues with it and that you are working on it, that way the customer can decide to move forward with the purchase at that time or wait to purchase a corrected version at a later date. I know that you guys are in a very unique position to be able to do as you want because of the propitiatory nature of your product, and that your customers have no other place to go for parts, but a few simple actions can prevent sour grapes down the road.
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Connie, thank you for replying to this thread.

I am glad to see that you recognize that there is a problem with the muffler bag, and your company is working on a solution for it. In light of that I do have to ask, why would the part continue to be sold as a replacement knowing that there is an issue with the design? I understand that you would need to provide this on the sale of a complete system to keep things going, but I think maybe mentioning to the customer that needs to just replace their part, due to it having the same failure as what they will be purchasing, that there are issues with it and that you are working on it, that way the customer can decide to move forward with the purchase at that time or wait to purchase a corrected version at a later date. I know that you guys are in a very unique position to be able to do as you want because of the propitiatory nature of your product, and that your customers have no other place to go for parts, but a few simple actions can prevent sour grapes down the road.

I did not mean for you to think there is a fix for the muffler bag (other than a sock and duct tape). I was referring to the font issue.

Not everyone has this issue of blowing out their muffler bag with a strong cut motor. There is currently no alternative.

The muffler/vacuum bag assembly, neither muffles well or vacuums anything. It is a non-essential item, just as the red locking handle.

I know it won't be taken off of the store, but I am not sure what, if any, changes will be made to the description. I'll talk to Joe.

Don't knock the sock! And if you don't think the vacuum bag doesn't do anything, ask my wife about the haze in my shop after the muffler popped off while carving mdf before I got my dust collector hood! Thankfully she still laughs about it.

I would agree with you, if you are carving MDF and it pops off, it's a mess.
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    Don't knock the sock! And if you don't think the vacuem bad doesn't do anything, ask my wife about the haze in my shop after the muffler popped off while carving mdf before I got my dust collector hood! Thankfully she still laughs about it.
    I know, but dust (particularly mdf) only gets in the sock/bag, because dust gets on everything any how.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast