Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customer Service?

Default Customer Service?

I didnt want to bring any negativity to this forum, but I have to share my experience over a very simple matter with a faulty part and a faulty solution provided to me by the Carvewright team today.

I recently had to send in my cut motor for a rebuild after only a 180 hours of use, a little premature for such a thing from what I understand, but I didnt complain, I just needed my machine up and running. At the same time I ordered a new muffler assembly because my original one was getting loose and falling out and also had a slight hole in the bag. No biggie....... I received my rebuilt motor installed it as well as the new muffler. After just a couple of carves it started blowing apart worse than my old one. I just stuck the old one back in and dealt with it. Last night my truck started loosening up and the bearing would not adjust and stay put, time for new bearings. So I gave LHR a call ordered the new bearings and spoke with a person about the issue and he said he would have to consult with someone and get back with me about the problem, he emailed me back with this response.........

"I spoke with our lead engineer about the issue you are having with the vacuum bag and he recommends that you try wrapping some tape on the end that inserts into the machine because it is not wide enough. All of the vacuum bags that we have are the same size so a new one would not correct that. He also said that you should try using tape where the two pieces of the bag come together to make sure the bag holds. The issue is mainly coming from a strong cut motor that blows a little stronger than most."

Now, I just didnt get why, I buy a new part and spend money on it and it is basically no better than what I had, and to top it off, rig this new part with a just tape it up solution. So of course I wanted a refund for a faulty part. I dont see why I should be stuck with paying for something that does not work or pay for the shipping to return it. So I sent this response.

"I have to say that I am a little taken back by this solution, I spend $16 on a new part that is supposed to function correctly, and the answer is to tape it up? I could have done this with my old one and saved my money. What I would like to see then is a refund for the part, if you guys would like it back you can send a call tag for it.

Thank you"

Later this evening I get this response..........

"The power of your cut motor is more than some and that is forcing the bag off. Please tape it to hold it in place. We do not need it back.

CarveWright"

Am I missing something here, is a new part not supposed to work correctly? If I buy a pair of shoes and the sole is faulty and starts to fall off, would the shoe company get away with just telling the customer to tape it up and make it work, we don't want it back? Who does this? Am I out of line here?
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Would you be satisfied if they fired the tech support engineer, chained him to a post and whipped him, recalled all of the existing Carvewright machines to retro-fit the muffler bag, and issued formal apologies along with a $100.00 check for all of the inconveniences? (LOL - no disrespect intended)

I'm not sure what an appropriate solution would be except to put tape on the bag. I might add, mine does the same thing.
    Steve

If quoted correctly, the tech was a bit of a smart alek. I'd be a bit annoyed by a response like that myself. Why piss off a customer over a $16 part that clearly has a quality problem?

Sorry to hear about your cut motor going out after 180 hours and the bag falling off. How about cut motor going out in 35 hours and the bag does fall off I taped mine on and working to hook it up to the dust collection system.

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    If quoted correctly, the tech was a bit of a smart alek. I'd be a bit annoyed by a response like that myself. Why piss off a customer over a $16 part that clearly has a quality problem?
    I wasn't trying to be a smart aleck either but, I guess I was a bit facetious. The point? There really isn't a solution other than taping up the muffler. Mine has been that way for a long time and the new one I ordered (quite some time ago) was the same.
    Steve

1/2" self tapper sheet metal screws………...

Why would you do any of this , tape here and tape there , the machine you bought every part should fit right I guest LHR is the boss you take what I send you LOL
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

A refund would be in order here, shipping included. I would be ticked off myself, not for the money but the way it was handled. I was about to order the muffler, thanks for the info!

I still have my original muffler and had to tape it from day one. It kept blowing off. Never really bothered me taping it. Works fine now.

I agree with self tapper screw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast