Thread: Check cut motor message

Default Check cut motor message

I have only had my machine a few days and now I'm getting this: "Check cut motor" message. I have done the USER TEST and all it told me is the motor is running, duh. I checked and YES the sensors are recording. There are no fluctuations in RPMs. Next step is to contact a "senior engineer"..... HELP PLEASE!!!

Are you doing the carving with V bits? If so this message seems to pop up. I think it is the computer response time looking for the cut motor to be at a certain rpm. You should have the "continue" option on the display to continue the carving. Press the continue and you will be back to carving.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Yes, I am using 60' and 90' bits for signs. I will try running with a 1/8 and see what happens. Thank you for your help.

C Judas

Quote Originally Posted by cjudas View Post
    Yes, I am using 60' and 90' bits for signs. I will try running with a 1/8 and see what happens. Thank you for your help.

C Judas
    You should be using the tapered 1/16" carving bit. Do not try to use the 1/8" cutting bit.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

OK- I should have proofed before I sent that. I will try the 1/16. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cjudas View Post
    OK- I should have proofed before I sent that. I will try the 1/16. Thanks
    If you are doing centerline text you should stay with the V bits. The 1/16" tapered bit is for doing pattern carving and you will not get the right look on your letters.

This "check cut motor" message has been going on for several years now. It is a software thing. So if you know that you have no issues with your cut motor (brushes are new or not close the the 250 cutting hours) then you should be good to go with just "continuing" the carve.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

We also get that a lot when carving center line text with vee bits. I just push the continue button and move on. The only real frustrating thing is if you have to leave the machine unattended, I know shouldn't do that but I have too many irons in the fire to baby sit it constantly, only to come back 20 or 30 mins later and find that the check cut motor message appeared the moment you walked out of the shop.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.