Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Muffler bag issues

Default Muffler bag issues

I just wanted to ask anyone here about issues they have had with the muffler bag blowing out. I had one that kept coming loose and ended up wrapping tape around the part you insert into the motor exhaust, this worked fine until a hole developed in the bag, and carving as much MDF as I do, this made a bit of a mess to say the least. I ended up ordering a new one when I had to have my motor rebuilt, within just a few carves the new muffler assembly would blow apart, not something I would expect with a brand new part. Is this a common issue with this new C version machine? I have had two other older machines and never had an issue.

I did contact LHR about it, and their answer was just to wrap tape around the pieces that were coming apart. I dont understand this logic, but its par for the course here. Does anyone have any REAL solutions for this issue?
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

This is what I've done...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_3151 (Medium).jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I like this idea! I think Ill give it a try, thank you.
    Most folks are afraid of heights, me I fear width.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    This is what I've done...
    What is that orange cable going down into the machine along the flexshaft?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    My try at an air push at the carving head. It is hooked up to an aquarium 4 port air pump.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I've had this happen to each CW I've owned and took the red-neck way out. Had an old sock that I stretched over the mufler end. Nice thing is when it gets dirt, I can wash it after shaking it out. Guess I could modify FWHarris idea and run it back through the dust collector. BTW, the DC-Insert I purchased from you really does a great job! I can't say the other DC out there are better or worse, but you can't go wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tcough3475 View Post
    I've had this happen to each CW I've owned and took the red-neck way out. Had an old sock that I stretched over the mufler end. Nice thing is when it gets dirt, I can wash it after shaking it out. Guess I could modify FWHarris idea and run it back through the dust collector. BTW, the DC-Insert I purchased from you really does a great job! I can't say the other DC out there are better or worse, but you can't go wrong with it.
    Thank you sir! Yes I tried the old sock idea to. With what I have set up the vacuum bag does a great job on the fine dust coming out of the cut motor. I have thought about hooking it up to my dust collection hose, just have not gone out to find the fittings yet.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    My try at an air push at the carving head. It is hooked up to an aquarium 4 port air pump.
    Oh, yeah. It was the orange color that made me think it was something "electrical"! I remember years ago when Jeff Birt came up with the blower (air push) idea. I believe he still uses that along with 'vac pull' from the bottom slot of the machine. I was thinking the slot vac might be something pratical for rotary use. Not sure...I would have to re-look at what's under the machine to see if that's feasible or not.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 03-24-2014 at 04:01 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Naw, that is how he powers the new improved Z motor. A 2 hour carve takes 10 minutes.
    Do not ask how he handles the X motor. Lets just say a belt goes out to his car where one tire removed.
    We all know there is a car in his shop!
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I just plug my vacuum into the muffler hole. Works great. I don't turn the vacuum on, I just use it for a giant muffler.
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast