Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: font not working

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    Hi Ken,

It really doesn't matter either way. No problem expressing your personal experiences, so please don't feel badly about it. It doesn't have much to do with the real issue at hand, but made for interesting reading anyway!
    My point, generally speaking, is that whether the testing is done by the programmer or by someone else the software is released anyway without giving the programmers a chance to thoroughly test or repair it. Programmers are employees and usually do what they're told to do. If they defy management to often they are deemed as a "problem employee" and reassigned or replaced.

EDIT: Of course if the programmer is a manager or owner of the company that brings up a whole new point of view.
    Steve

OK...this has gotten off topic.

The programmers are aware of the issue and working towards a fix. You should expect it in the next revision, but I have no idea on a time line. I do know that it is a priority.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    OK...this has gotten off topic.

The programmers are aware of the issue and working towards a fix. You should expect it in the next revision, but I have no idea on a time line. I do know that it is a priority.
    Thanks Connie,

Already testing as we speak!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Does the fonts just not work on screen or do the additionally not work on the carve as well? This is a major issue, while they are working on a fix, can the software be downgraded once the upgrade to 2.005 has been installed? Can 2.005 be uninstalled and rev back to 2.004 is the real question?

Yes. Copy the link to download 2.005 and change only the 5 to a 4.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

im not doing something right not able to get it to work

Is there any ETA on when a fix will be out for the Font Issue? The reason I ask is because a couple of my carves were saved under 2.005 and now I needed to go back and edit those with new text but now since I had to revert the machine back to 2.004 the carves can't be opened. It seems like this is such a big bug that it should be a priority patch to put out a 2.006 and let them add the other changes/fixes that were slated for the 2.006 in the 2.007 update. This is sort of crippling me and I'm sure I'm not alone. This might be one more reason that the software developers should consider adding a Save As (Prior Version in the software) so that in the event of a major bug like this one, we could install one version on one machine to reopen our files and save them as a previous version so we can get back into our work. Just my two cents and I'm sure many others too!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123