Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King and Queen

There are many rotary patterns through out this forum that I have created and uploaded, but to answer your question, yes you can create most of the patterns yourself using LHR's software. BUT, you will need other add on software that they sell along with the rotary software, such as designer 2.005, and the 3d suite add on, as well as the rotary jig and software.

For rotary jig/software
    Basic requirements are:
    Rubber traction belts
    designer 2.005 or later

Recommended:
    Carvetight chuck
    long carving bit
    3d suite add on
    stl importer

Hope this helps.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks. The 2.005 and rubber belts were clear. What can be done with the rotary software and no 3d suite is not clear. I'm guessing that almost anything you want to do involves a sweep of some sort and all that the rotary software does is generate a view of it revolved around the axis. Does the rotary software itself have any "design" features or is it merely a tool to wrap the flat design.

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    Thanks. The 2.005 and rubber belts were clear. What can be done with the rotary software and no 3d suite is not clear. I'm guessing that almost anything you want to do involves a sweep of some sort and all that the rotary software does is generate a view of it revolved around the axis. Does the rotary software itself have any "design" features or is it merely a tool to wrap the flat design.
    So far, I have not used a sweep to generate any rotary projects. You don't need the .STL importer either but, it GREATLY expands the possibilities. Any pattern that you or any one else has made can be used and all of the tools and add-ons that are normally used on a flat board are used in rotary projects. The rotary add-on wraps these patterns and designs around the circumference of a cylinder.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by FWMiller View Post
    Yes having the 2D/3D tools does help in creating designs but you can still do some creative designing with out them. This column was done with applying a domed surface and a bit assigned to lines. After laying it out I grouped them all and made a pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rotary column.PNG  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks. That clarifies it much better. The rotary software is merely wrapping my flat design. So whatever I want wrapped around the cylinder, I need to have the other software capability to create.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12