Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What I've learned about the scanning probe.

Pkunk,

I was scanning this morning and stopped the scan mid-stream (opened the cover).

Closed the cover to resume and the probe holder suddenly rotated violently around, yanking the probe's plug out of the socket and wrapping the wire around the base of the holder.

It's a mystery as to why this happened and it scared me - thinking it could have damaged the wire and put my probe out of business.

Have you had this happen to you, and/or know a way to prevent this from happening again?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

What version of the software are you running?
    It sounds like the system confused the probe with a bit and tried to spin it up.
    BoardSilly
    "Destroying Cuba 1 Cigar At A Time"

Wow , it's not happened to me, but I've never had occasion to stop it in the middle of a probe. Hope it's OK.
    The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Do it on a Mac.
    Vietnam Vet '65-'66

Quote Originally Posted by pkunk View Post
    Wow , it's not happened to me, but I've never had occasion to stop it in the middle of a probe. Hope it's OK.
    Hello BoardSilly and Pkunk,

I'm using 1.115 version of the software (don't plan to update until I'm confident the newly introduced error issues are fixed in the latest version).

I scanned without any problem whatsoever after the "violent rotation". Everything seems OK.

I emailed Tech Support for their take on this and their theory as to why it happened and how to prevent it.

BTW, I stopped the scan to answer the phone. Done it before and never had a problem resuming. Noticed it doesn't stop instantly like when stopping a carving, though.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12