Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Rotary Jig

be a range of rotary projects that the Rock could do.
    Agreed I was thinking about the shorter bits... as it stands now that all i can do anyway. lol.

One more for 2.05 Rotary people. This was a STL I made imported to a larger Rotary size, then I adjusted to fit a 2.5 dowel... try scaling the Rotery raster to get more twists///

setup for the 3/16 ball.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    On post 89, I uploaded an mpc of the rope unwrapped. Can someone tell me if it loads into the new software? Curious as to how the new rotary software saved the mpc of the unwrapped patterm, or PTN for that matter. If it saves as unwrapped, then will those with Ed's rotary jig be able to use them (as long as they meet the specs on his jig).
    I opened the project and copied the pattern to a new rotary project and it loaded just fine. Just have to make sure the diameter is set to the same width as the pattern.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rope-2In.png  
    Steve

Thanks Steve. If you create a pattern in the new software and save it, doe sit save as the unwrapped pattern in PTN format? If so then maybe those with Ed's jig can use the patterns.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thanks Steve. If you create a pattern in the new software and save it, doe sit save as the unwrapped pattern in PTN format? If so then maybe those with Ed's jig can use the patterns.
    Eddie

I'm pretty sure that a pattern created in the new rotary project mode is the same as a pattern created in the normal board mode. It's the mode you're in as to how the pattern is viewed and carved.
    Steve

yes.. you have to save the pattern to the library then select and save i think, my head is spinning with this new software gears are turnin and don't remember …just did it.

it would be nice if we had the option to save as a 3d file.

That is good to know, thanks. I am just trying to fill in the blanks here.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

try this one
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2014-03-22 at 8.24.31 PM.png  

That is a nice one, save it as a PTN to see if those with designer less than 2.x can open it.

Eddie

heres the pattern

I did not make this just grabbed it form sketch up and exported as stl then imported to designer

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast