Thread: Everyone's A Winner Contest Info & Rules - 2014

Default Everyone's A Winner Contest Info & Rules - 2014

All CarveWright customers are invited to participate in our “Everyone’s A Winner” Contest

The best representation of our products come from our customers and their own creativity. We can always use sample projects for demonstrations, trade shows & facility tours with new pieces that show off the machine & software’s capabilities. Our “Everyone’s a Winner Contest” has proven great fun and provided great projects.

We hope you enjoy this contest, where
    Everyone’s A Winner.

Contest Prizes:

• All entrants will receive at minimum a $10 gift certificate
    • 7th-10th Place Winners receive a $25 gift certificate
    • 6th Place Winner receives a $50 gift certificate
    • 5th Place Winner receives a $100 gift certificate
    • 4th Place Winner receives a $200 gift certificate
    • 3rd Place Winner receives a $300 gift certificate
    • 2nd Place Winner receives a $500 gift certificate
    • GRAND PRIZE WINNER receives a $700 gift certificate

Projects should show off the machine and software’s capabilities, as well as your own creativity and craftsmanship. This is an open category contest, so there are no restrictions to what you can make. Consider portability of the project, as they will need to be shipped to CarveWright and transported to multiple events through out the year.

All project entries will be retained by LHR for demonstrations, trade shows & facility tours. They will also be posted on our community forum and may be used in our advertising.

Entries must include the following information:

• Customer Name and CarveWright Community Forum username
    • Carving quality settings and carving times
    • Description of materials used for construction and finish
    • Software used to design the project
    • Photos and/or videos of the finished project

Contest Deadlines:

Photos and/or videos of completed project entries that will be displayed on the CarveWright Community Forum must be received or posted by midnight Monday, June 16th, 2014.

Actual projects will need to arrive at LHR no later than Monday, June 23rd, 2014 for display at the 2014 CarveWright Conference. All shipped entries MUST arrive on or prior to this date to participate in the contest. LHR is not responsible for projects lost in shipping.

Attendees of the conference that are also participating in the contest may bring their entries with them Thursday morning, but you must have submitted a photo of the completed project by the June 16th deadline. Please let us know, if you plan to bring your project prior to the June 23rd deadline.

Voting will be conducted at the 2014 Conference and determined by the conference attendees & staff. Winners will be announced on Saturday, June 28th, 2014.

Gift certificates are only for the CarveWright online store. One gift certificate per customer. One contest entry per customer.

CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thanks for sponsoring this contest again this year! I have several ideas already rattling around in my head. Not sure which direction I will go, but I will definitely be submitting an entry!

Maybe this year the entrees should be kept secret. I think you scared possible submissions away last year with your awesome clock creation. More suspense that way and possibly more submissions. What do you think?

I kinda of think that it ought to be a secret also .......

I agree. I think a lot of people may have thrown in the towel, just by seeing what you were doing. That is, also, why I scattered out the prize money a little more this year. If we have the same number of entrants, it is still a little more money than was given out last year. 4th - 10th place gets more money making it worth your while to go after even those spots.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

6. Default

I have a question, is the contestant anonymous when voting is done? In other words are you just looking at the item and voting without knowing who the creator is? It would seem to me that would be the most fair. Just keeps things a little more on the up and up.

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    I have a question, is the contestant anonymous when voting is done? In other words are you just looking at the item and voting without knowing who the creator is? It would seem to me that would be the most fair. Just keeps things a little more on the up and up.
    Last year each entry had an info sheet that showed who did it, what materials they used and what design features they used to make it. I do not think knowing who did the project had any influence in the voting process and I did not see anyone out trying to drum up votes for their entry. I did see a lot searching out the person if they were in attendance to get questions answered though.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I was not at the conference last year but I would think that each project will speak for themselves and I don't feel that the name of the person will have any bearing on voting but can possibly help a newby get some insight as to the process of the project.