Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traction belts

1. Default traction belts

just so every knows when they order the sandpaper belts from carvewright you wont be getting new belts you get ones that have been taken off another machine that was upgraded to the heavy duty traction belts.i got my order for the sandpaper belts in the mail, when i opened the package boy was i dissapointed in the belts.they had holes in them and one had been rolled under on the edge.they were used belts.i called in and got criss on the phone,he made it sound like i had installed them and was the one who caused the damage,but i assured him that i just took them out of the box,but still was rude and acted like i did the damage and said i would have to take detailed pictures and some engineer or someone would have to review the pictures and see what would be done.he kept telling me that i should upgrade to the heavy duty traction belts over and over again.so finnally on day 2 of me tring to get the new sandpaper belts that i ordered and paid for,he finally told me the truth about the belts, that they where discontinuing these belts and they were coming off other machines for the upgrade.after some heated discussion with criss telling him i didnot want this crap,connie told him to tell me they would make it right and now are sending me some other belts,although they will still be off another machine.they should really post on there site where they sell this stuff the truth about these belt upfront.these belts should not be selling for the new price 29.95 they are not new and should not be selling as new. the price should be half and you should not have to go through what i did to get what i ordered from them.and criss i really do know that i should be upgrading to the heavy duty belts from reading this forum and the really nice people who post on here with there experiences and expert advice with the carvewright.but i just dont have the cash right now after just upgrading to the carvetight chuck and the x train gear drive assembly that failed after only 140 hours of use.here are the pictures.this is bad business and no apology at all.do you all think im being to picky on what i order new stuff.what do you all think about this. thanks mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0312141728.jpg   0312141727.jpg   0312141716b.jpg   0312141713a.jpg  

0312141713.jpg  

Morningwood, here is a web site to order the belts (new) call them and they will provide you with the right item for the carvewright. At about half the price.
    http://customsandingbelts.com/
    Many on here use custom sanding belts for replacement of their belts. As for what you mentioned in your post, I agree with you.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Ed thanks for the link. You are full of information

The sandpaper belts ARE being discontinued. The belts being shipped ARE new, off of new, never used machines. They were taken off new machines by our techs and replaced with Heavy Duty Traction Belts, before we shipped the machine to the customer. The lines are normal from previous folds in the material. The tear where you stuck the toothpick through is not normal and that belt should not have gone out that way.

As for it taking two days to get a response & Chris being rude and accusatory, let's be honest here.

Customer Service Reps CANNOT get warranty approval from the engineer on damaged items without photos. You were asked (per policy) to send us pictures the first day (that was around 4:00). You and I worked together the next day to help you get photos sent, but we did not receive them until your second attempt after 3:09 on the next day. I forwarded them to the engineer for approval at 3:29. You called at 3:37 and I ran to find the engineer for him to look at the pictures. We informed you before you got off of that conversation that they were approved and an order would be placed.

NOT ONCE, was Chris rude to you or did he accuse you of doing the damage. I re-listened to both of your conversations with Chris and this is SIMPLY NOT TRUE. If my customer service reps are out of line, I want to know, but I will certainly defend them when wrongly accused.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I would not consider belts that have been installed and removed as new. Aren't all carvewrights tested? Is testing not using? I would have to agree they belts should no longer be listed at new price. Just my opion, may be right may be wrong but that's how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    I would not consider belts that have been installed and removed as new. Aren't all carvewrights tested? Is testing not using? I would have to agree they belts should no longer be listed at new price. Just my opion, may be right may be wrong but that's how I feel.
    All CarveWrights are tested with the belts on them that will be sent to the customer. If someone got a machine with heavy duty belts on them, then that is what we test with before we send them out.

There are no new belts that have never been on a machine. The machines came with the SP belts on them, we took them off, put HDTBs on and tested the machines. The Sandpaper belts were put in a box at the end of the workbench. They have sawdust on them, because they were at the end of the testing bench...everything in our shop has sawdust on it.

I will add some information to the product description, but the price will not be changed. You will need to order from us, order from 3rd party (as you have suggested) or upgrade to heavy duty belts.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Replacement Traction Belts for the CompuCarve™/CarveWright™ machines:
    specify "j" material, Aluminum Oxide Open Coat W-15" x L-13" Grit-120 Dry
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    Replacement Traction Belts for the CompuCarve™/CarveWright™ machines:
    specify "j" material, Aluminum Oxide Open Coat W-15" x L-13" Grit-120 Dry
    Thanks eelamb,
    That is really good information.
    Mikemi
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Thank you Eddie...I just ripped one belt. I am using half of it for narrow boards I will order 6 belts from the website source !!
    Rick P -- ( Designer v.1.187 + Rock + Dust Devil)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

I am still using 1.187. I cannot decide if I should upgrade to 3.000. Is there information available to help one decide? The $300 to upgrade is a big deal for me.
    Rick P -- ( Designer v.1.187 + Rock + Dust Devil)
    Carver in Minnesota
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." Gerald Ford, 38th President

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast